Purpose of the Manager, TAC Shift Position: Provide management oversight and technical assistance to the company’s Technical Assistance Center (TAC). Responsible for providing 24/7 management and multi-tiered troubleshooting response of the company’s telecommunications network. This position requires an extensive and extremely diverse range of telecommunications technical knowledge and abilities.
Essential Duties of Position:
- Ensure continuous management, surveillance, and response to the daily performance and availability of the company’s telecommunications network.
- Ensures procedures are in place to monitor, troubleshoot, diagnose, and escalates applications, network and service related issues are managed appropriately.
Responsible for hiring, leading, developing and managing the performance by those reporting to this position; establishes and communicates clear performance expectations, makes recommendations for salary increases.
Provide timely annual performance reviews to all direct reports, and ensure that all employees within the department receive annual performance reviews on time.
Responsible for team results and recommends and /or approves promotions, demotions, transfers or disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
Maintains union free workforce through effective communication and regular feedback to employees regarding their performance against expectations, and use of effective performance recognition of groups involved.
- Support the TAC management team in the development of policies and procedures, training requirements and budgets.
- Confirm proper operations and maintenance of the network.
- Ensure; the Technical Assistance Center (TAC) is properly staffed, trained, following all applicable Network Services policies, procedures, and security protocols, and in line with the company’s business strategies.
- Promote a professional work environment, mentorship, and encourage development and continuing education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of the telecommunications industry with demonstrated application of applying this knowledge to the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the company’s network.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with a wide variety of complex telecommunication systems and equipment; particularly the specific equipment and configurations used in a telecommunications network.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent communication abilities.
- Must be able to discuss and work technical issues with other business units, employees, customers and other telecommunications partners and competitors.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Coaching ability to act as a positive mentor and coach to subordinates and other employees.
- Ability to manage performance, motivation and counseling of different levels of employees in a highly technical environment.
- Ability to lead a technical organization to high levels of performance while maintaining a positive, collaborative level of morale and personal growth for employees.
- Ability to create a work environment that maximizes individual contributions and maintains a culture of continuous improvement.
- Strong ability to analyze problems and technical situations to determine the correct course of action. Ability to coach subordinates in analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and maintain accountability and security of company assets and confidentiality of proprietary information.
Experience required for the Manager, TAC Shift position: