$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position is responsible for a geographic area within the service territory. Oversees the execution and coordination of the Substation Construction and Maintenance work plan. Develops and implements effective strategic and tactical business and labor initiatives that are linkedto business goals and objectives. Develops and maintains an environment that promotes employee safety, diversity and high productivity. Departmental activities include the planning, scheduling and execution of construction, maintenance, overhaul, repair, and emergent response ofhigh voltage substation apparatus, transformers, circuit breakers, and ancillary equipment. Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Drives and oversees the development and implementation of short and long term strategic and tactical business and labor initiatives designedto assure the highest levels of customer services and to achieve Exelons safety, environmental, reliability and performance goals.
- Assures timely response to storms and other system emergencies.
- Manages the regional budget.
- Establishes and monitors business plans and business unit objectives.
- Balances cost control with appropriate capital and maintenance investments.
Develops and maintains an environment that fosters a high performance culture and a learning organization.
- Leads the management team in promoting diversity.
- Serves as a change agent for business initiatives and assures the human element is understood and considered.
- Assures timely recognition of employee contributions.
- Develops methods to assess communication effectiveness and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provides leadership to and development of the management team.
- Provides accurate and timely feedback regarding performance and operations.
- Conducts performance planning and appraisals.
- Identifies opportunities for growth and learning.
- Facilitates open and honest communication with staff.
- Assures that upward communication is integrated into the process, including employee concerns and complaints.
- Establishes, maintains and improves relationships with other departments in Exelon, the regional operating companies and the local communities.
- Education - Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related field.
- Experience - At least 10 years of industry experience, including at least 3 years in an electric T&D supervisory and/or managerial position.
- Certifications/Licenses - Valid drivers license
- Knowledge - Demonstrated knowledge of T&D operating, maintenance & construction work practices, utility collective bargaining agreements and understanding of regulatory issues.
- Skills Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, build consensus, establish trust, and foster culture change.
- Demonstrated ability to support and enforce safe work behaviors this requires working knowledge of safety rules and work practices.
- Education - Graduate degree or Graduate Level work in Engineering, Business Administration or related field.
- Experience - Electric industry background in the construction, maintenance and troubleshooting of transmission & substation equipment and systems.
- Certifications/Licenses - Professional Engineers license.
- In-depth technical understanding of transmission and substation components and system protection devices and schemes.
- Familiarity with the collective bargaining agreement.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a high-performance culture, including coaching and facilitating business competency and performance management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process enhancements and efficiencies including technology and performance.
- Demonstrated business and utility financial acumen, customer awareness, and ability to create value.
Valid Through: 2019-10-17