Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 244 days ago
Develops, organizes, implements, and conducts a substance abuse treatment program for incarcerated inmates designed to treat conditions and problems relating to drug and alcohol abuse. Performs program evaluation to ascertain the effectiveness of treatment provided within the correctional setting, follow-up care provided to inmates after release and cost effectiveness of the overall program. Provides guidance and supervision to treatment staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the department’s operations, treatment service deliveries, contract compliance, personnel actions, and training functions.
- Provides supervision, guidance, and training to assigned staff. Administers performance reviews, makes recommendations for pay actions, hiring, firing, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Stays current and ensures compliance to applicable company, state, federal, and accreditation rules, guidelines, and requirements.
- Closely monitors program operations and ensures that all applicable contract, certification, and accreditation requirements are met or exceeded.
- Maintains productive, cooperative, professional relationships with facility management, unit department heads, and staff, and outside customers as appropriate.
- Monitors and approves all work activities and produces daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to facility and contract managers which show the success of the program.
- Reviews internal audits, conducts needs assessment, and makes necessary recommendations of appropriate actions for senior management.
- Conducts and/or participates in all team staff meetings.
- Reviews and approves all department correspondence, reports, policies and procedures, curriculum, personnel assignments and staff and treatment program schedules prior to implementation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.