Develops, organizes, implements, and conducts a substance abuse treatment program for incarcerated inmates designed to treat conditions and problems relating to drug and alcohol abuse. Performs program evaluation to ascertain the effectiveness of treatment provided within the correctional setting, follow-up care provided to inmates after release and cost effectiveness of the overall program. Provides guidance and supervision to treatment staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the department’s operations, treatment service deliveries, contract compliance, personnel actions, and training functions.
- Provides supervision, guidance, and training to assigned staff. Administers performance reviews, makes recommendations for pay actions, hiring, firing, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Stays current and ensures compliance to applicable company, state, federal, and accreditation rules, guidelines, and requirements.
- Closely monitors program operations and ensures that all applicable contract, certification, and accreditation requirements are met or exceeded.
- Maintains productive, cooperative, professional relationships with facility management, unit department heads, and staff, and outside customers as appropriate.
- Monitors and approves all work activities and produces daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to facility and contract managers which show the success of the program.
- Reviews internal audits, conducts needs assessment, and makes necessary recommendations of appropriate actions for senior management.
- Conducts and/or participates in all team staff meetings.
- Reviews and approves all department correspondence, reports, policies and procedures, curriculum, personnel assignments and staff and treatment program schedules prior to implementation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be licensed as Licensed Independent Substance Abuse Counselor (LISAC) with the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners; prefer dual licensing as LISAC and LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor).
- Five (5) years prior substance abuse counseling experience and program management. Two (2) years progressive experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Preference given to experience with program implementation and/or experience within a correctional setting.
- Thorough knowledge of didactic, counseling, and treatment modalities.
- Commitment to adhere to the professional Code of Ethics of the American Counseling Association and the Employee Standards of Conduct.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with staff at all levels of the organization. in addition to all inmates (clients). Must be able to write and communicate program's successes to diverse audiences.
- Ability to work with, motivate, and direct a team of profressionals to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.