The Role: At Frontier Communications, we recognize that effectively managing our supply chain and strategic sourcing processes are integral in our ability to deliver innovative and competitive communications products and services to millions of customers. The Sr. Manager of Strategic Sourcing will oversee all sourcing related activities and processes associated with the acquisition of goods and services, in spend areas that include: Human Resources, Finance, Marketing, Facilities, and Call Centers. Sourcing related activities include: requirements gathering, identifying sources, creating and issuing Request for Proposal (RFP), proposal evaluation, contract negotiations, contract drafting, contract administration, and spend analytics. This position will be functionally responsible for ensuring compliance with company procurement policy, ethical and legal business practices, and lowest total cost of ownership procurement.
Key Functions Include:
- Lead team of category managers and sourcing analysts to develop short term and long term category strategies and execute on cost savings plans for the Indirect spend area.
- Align and collaborate with Business Executives of functional areas to understand business strategy and develop sourcing strategies to drive optimal value in the purchase of goods and services.
- Lead and supportcontract negotiations with key suppliers to improve cost, quality, delivery, diversity, and safety in the supply base.
- Lead and coach internal business partners and team members on the sourcing process. Sourcing Process includes gathering requirements, market analysis, identifying sources, RF(x) management, proposal evaluation, negotiations, contract creation, contract management, spend analysis, and long term category planning.
- Lead cross-functional teams comprised of business managers, legal, risk management, information security, and other impacted organizations to coordinate company sourcing activities. The candidate will need to build and analyze financial models to evaluate proposal scenarios and present recommendations in a clear and concise format.
- Provide regular communication to Business and Supply Chain leadership on project status, contract renewals, category performance, and various initiatives.
- Must have a thorough understanding of contracting principles and contract structure, with competencies in the areas of corporate professional services, financial services, and facilities bidding, and contracting.
- Must have strong leadership and team building skills to integrate and motivate people from different organizations to work together in achieving process objectives and project goals.
- Must be adept at communicating with vendors and internal business partners to establish and maintain credibility for the sourcing function, while increasing service to our internal business partners - improving the quality and performance levels of the supply base to achieve the lowest total cost to the Company.
- Skilled in negotiating, renegotiating, and administering contracts with suppliers and vendors such that the best interest of the Company is paramount. Must be capable and experienced in negotiating large scale, enterprise wide supplier agreements.
- Ability to develop, coordinate and control multiple process and or projects, achieving on time contracting services to satisfy the operating requirements of the Company.
- Ability to create and maintain documentation, in adherence with policy, to meet internal and external audit requirements.
- Demonstrates excellent oral communication skills to convey technical information to both internal and external sources, including non-technical audiences.
- Must have excellent written communication skills to effectively and accurately convey detailed and complex information regarding contract specifications, policies and procedures to consultants/contractors and internal clients.
- Must have experience in effectively establishing procurement strategy and decision criteria and in bringing decisions to closure while demonstrating business acumen and good judgment.
- Computer skills should include proficiency in MS Office including: Word, Excel and Power Point. Experienceworking with E-Sourcing Platforms, and Access or otherdatabase tools.
- Excellent communications skills; Ability to communicate clearly and concisely by telephone, email and by direct contact.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of customer service in a work environment of numerous competing demands.
- Able to comfortably interface with all levels of Management, inside & outside the organization
Educational & Experience Requirements: The successful candidate should have a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Engineering. MBA or equivalent background is preferred. Professional purchasing certification is desirable. Solid background in supply chain management, procurement, or project management with an emphasis on strategic sourcing with 10+ years’ of related experience. Demonstrated experience sourcing materials and services for major projects in a fast paced environment.
Team Overview: The Frontier Strategic Sourcing Team has an overall objective to align with business partners to improve profitability and performance by maximizing the value of our purchased goods and services. This will assure continuous improvement in the cost effectiveness and value of services delivered, ultimately improving customer satisfaction, company financial performance, inclusion of diverse business partners, and the overall strategic position of Frontier. Strategic Sourcing supports the organization by managing the sourcing process, including Request for Proposals (RFPs), contract negotiations, supplier management, and overall supplier performance. The position will report to the Director of Strategic Sourcing.