About LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group is a portfolio of brands that span multiple industries providing customers with innovative technologies, information-based analytics and decision tools and data services that help businesses and governmental entities reduce risk and improve decisions to benefit people around the globe. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, Georgia, we have offices throughout the world and are part of RELX (LSE: REL/NYSE: RELX), a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. For more information, please visit risk.lexisnexis.com/group and www.relx.com.See More
VitalChek has been the direct connection between citizens and the government agencies issuing their certified vital records since 1987. We pioneered the industry, and our secure Web site continues that tradition, with safe and authorized document ordering and handling of electronic transactions by a team that is fully credentialed and passes rigorous security checks. Plus , VitalChek is a LexisNexis company, the nation's leading provider of identification and credential verification services
MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
As a "working manager", This position provides leadership, management, direction, and vision to a team of approximately 10 software engineers and/or development employees including contractors/consultants and interns needed to support, run, and change activities in the software development life cycle.
This team is working on a vital and very visible migration project of our flagship website for VitalChek. The manager will be contributing to the overall design, both at an architecture and a coding level. The position is additionally expected to report progress to senior management. Additional responsibilities may include giving input into the department budget, identifying and supporting talent, and defining resource requirements and allocations. This position reports to the Director of Software Engineering.
• 10+ years of Software Development experience
• 2+ years of management experience
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
• Expertise and proven experience managing developers of all types (remote, in-person, blended) in an Agile/Scrum environment
• Proven experience evaluating and implementing common JS libraries (ex: JQuery, React, etc)
• Industry-wide knowledge of techniques and patterns used in modern consumer-facing e-commerce websites.
• Expertise in adhering to and enforcing web accessibility standards such as ADA and WCAG
• Proven experience with secure coding principles and practices
• Strong proficiency in relational database technology and SQL, especially as pertains to usage in Java applications.
• Knowledge in normalized/dimensional data modeling principles and their application to complex business needs.
• Experience with application servers such as JBoss/Wildfly and Tomcat, and container technology such as Docker and Kubernetes
• Proven expertise and experience applying industry best practices in all aspects of development.
• Experience in reviewing functional designs and designing architectures that drive high-quality, testable secure code.
• Expertise in creating technical design specification documents of system components of advanced complexity.
• Experience in code reviews and using them for continuous improvement.
• Expertise in industry best practices for Agile software development.
• Proven ability to implement and lead test-driven development and maintenance.
• Proven ability to adapt to new roles and responsibilities.
• Software development process expert in applicable methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
• Strong skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through the direct management of others.
• Strong organization/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments, and strong delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and managing projects of various size and complexity.
• Advanced problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making.
• Advanced communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers, etc., including diction/terminology and presenting information in a concise and effective manner to clients, management, and various departments using assorted communication mediums.
• Complete management responsibilities to include performance management, hiring and coaching of staff, and resource planning.
• Design and write advanced complex code when needed, and serve as a senior source of expertise for other developers.
• Help to manage system and user acceptance testing cycles to ensure accurate and quality business solutions.
• Serve as a primary technical point of contact for external technology resources.
• Recommend technical strategy and direction across functional area.
• Participate in development and evolution of architecture.
• Provide design input across a product.
• Serve as acknowledged "go to" person on coding and technical issues.
• Interface with other technical personnel or team members to help finalize requirements.
• Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of moderate complexity.
• Complete complex bug fixes.
• Design and work with complex data models.
• Seek diverse ideas and perspectives from a variety of sources to create better solutions, products, and services.
• Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Ensure all staff is provided with training and resources needed to perform their jobs to the most outstanding degree possible. Ensure all staff is provided with frequent feedback and coaching in order to meet and exceed individual and team performance goals consistently.
• Manage and encourage new ideas from staff to foster improvements through innovations.
• Empower the staff to be accountable and responsible for their own actions and decisions.
• All other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
Valid through: 9/24/2021