Mgr., Software Engineering
Green Dot Corporation, along with its wholly owned subsidiary bank, Green Dot Bank, is a pro-consumer financial technology innovator with a mission to reinvent personal banking for the masses. Green Dot invented the prepaid debit card industry and is the largest provider of reloadable prepaid debit cards and cash reload processing services in the United States. Green Dot is also a leader in mobile technology and mobilebanking with its award-winning GoBank mobile checking account. Through its wholly owned subsidiary, TPG, Green Dot is additionally the largest processor of tax refund disbursements in the U.S. Green Dot's products and services are available to consumers through a large-scale "branchless bank" distributionnetwork of more than 100,000 U.S. locations, including retailers, neighborhood financial service center locations, and tax preparation offices, as well as online, in the leading app stores and through leading online tax preparation providers. Green Dot Corporation is headquartered in Pasadena, Calif., with additional facilities throughout the United States and in Shanghai, China.
Mgr., Software Engineering
The Manager of Software Engineering leads software engineering teams in the construction, implementation and support of software products that meet established specifications, design criteria, quality standards and business requirements. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Develop, communicate, and execute on team goals focused on achieving IT organization objectives
- Work with the software engineering leadership to define and execute on a vision around agile methodologies and progressive best practices to ensure high quality product releases in suitable timeframes
- Facilitate and drive the software development strategy for product teams while remaining flexible to individual team needs
- Responsible for the recruitment and on boarding of new team members, including individual contributors and leads
- Provide leadership, technical expertise and career development for individual contributors and leads
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business and technology members
- Participate in program/project review meetings to determine status, problem areas, suggest and review corrective actions, directing/planning necessary extra work, and rework and re-plan activities and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2 years minimum management or other equivalent leadership experience
- 6 years of experience in software engineering or comparable experience
- Solid understanding of relevant technologies
- At least 5 years of experience with Microsoft .NET and C# programming.
- Working knowledge of Agile software development lifecycle principles
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are critical
- Leads team to improving processes and tools that relate to the team’s execution and overall productivity
Green Dot Corporation is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability , protected veteran status, or any category protected by law.