Reporting to the Director of SRE and Operations for eBiz. Candidate will be responsible for building and managing a global team of technology specialist focusing on building a world class TechOps organization to drive some part of automation, monitoring, alerting, and deployment services in a cloud based environment.
- Drive a set of key areas for increasing the automation, transparency, and operational maturity for the TechOps organization which support the Consumer BU. This would include all automation and the evolution of “cloudification” of the Norton eCommerce store front.
- Additional activities include hiring, mentoring, coaching and management of several talented global employees.
- Potentially provide 24x7 coverage for specific assigned services
- Reviewing technology in the market for opportunities to improve services and make purchase recommendations
- Provide reporting metrics to management related to SLA, Issue Trends, problem areas, performance, etc.
- Willing to be on-call at any time due to the nature of the position
- Position may require < 10% travel to visit other business locations
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent with 7+ years of industry experience in related area.
- The candidate must have advanced knowledge of troubleshooting complex application problems in technologies including routing, switching, and load-balancing; Strong experience with web services, web applications, and middleware technologies like AEM or Teamsite.
- Knowledge of various infrastructure Management tools such as Splunk, Jira, and Confluence.
- A familiarity with tool like EM7 Science Logic monitoring and management software is a plus
- The candidate should have a good understanding of Web based commerce site technologies like AEM, payment providers, Apache, Tomcat, and networking components, including load balancers, GTMs, etc.
- Candidate must have experience with identifying application layer security issues and performing assessments.
- The candidate must have the experience in understanding technical network, storage and application layer environments and their interdependencies, i.e. downstream dependencies to a network switch, compute connected to storage, and the effects of an error condition on those systems.
- To qualify for this opportunity, candidates should have the right balance of the problem-solving abilities and technical hands-on network/security analysis and operation skills.
- Must be able to work unsupervised, be a self-starter, well organized and be able to multi-task
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.