Responsible for overseeing operations of a designated shift in one of our large Distribution Centers, located in Hebron, KY. You will have responsibility for helping execute strategic direction for the facility and supporting the overall operation while ensuring that service, cost, safety and people metrics are being met.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Direct Reports: Shift Supervisors
Key Relationships: Facility Director, Sr. Shift Manager, Shift Managers, Supervisors, Local Finance, IT, HR and Union leadership
- Drive high levels of employee engagement that result in attaining maximum standards for production, quality, safety and positive employee/labor relations.
- Drive continuous process improvement utilizing LEAN and Six Sigma methodologies in the areas of cost, service, accuracy and productivity while driving employee engagement. Drives accountability at all levels of the DC. Partner cross-functionally to ensure product is shipped to customer specifications on time and on budget.
- Drive leadership initiatives to build working relationships with both Company and Union leadership to facilitate a strong partnership resulting in a productive, collaborative and flexible working environment.
- Drive health and safety initiatives in conjunction with the Company's health and safety experts to create a safe working environment for all associates and ensure the facility is in compliance with various federal and state laws
- Hire & develop the management team and first level supervisors to create a leadership succession plan in the Facility. Develops direct reports to ensure succession plans are in place for the organization. Ensures supervisor development includes technical and inter-personal skills to support creating a work environment in which associates feel valued.
- Supports Facility initiatives aimed at improving processes, driving consistencies and ensuring best practices are shared across all shifts.
- Manages and drives overall performance of direct reports utilizing servant and transformational leadership methodologies that promote a positive work environment.
- Establish and maintain relationships with business partners to ensure that customer service goals are met.
- Other duties as assigned including potential involvement in facility projects and initiatives.
- Experience in wholesale / retaildistribution and/or direct-to-consumer fulfillment environments with fluctuating volumes is preferred
- Management experience with a unionized workforce is preferred
- Experience with WMS – preferably Red Prairie or Manhattan Associates
- Start-up/project management experience as a leader or a stakeholder
- Lean Six Sigma methodology training is preferred – Leading Kaizen Events, DMAIC’s or PDCA’s a plus
- Strong, practical understanding of distribution flow, integration and automation.
- Ability to establish and execute plans on time utilizing multiple layers of resources across multiple shifts or time zones.
- Skilled in leading, motivating and holding large teams accountable
- Ability to quickly assess situations and develop creative solutions to complex problems that have positive financial outcomes
- Ability to work effectively across functions to manage multiple stakeholders with competing priorities
- Minimum 5 years of distributionexperience to include 3+ years in a leadership role within a medium to large distribution center with primary accountability for an entire shift or segment.
- Bachelor'sdegree with emphasis on Industrial engineering, logistics,distribution or other related areas of expertise (13+years combined college education and workexperiencemay be substituted for a
The Company's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes. The Company has established a continuing Affirmative Action Program to assure equal employment opportunity in all its policy decisions affecting recruitment, selection, assignment, promotion, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment.