Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 33 days ago
Description Purpose of Position:
The Help Desk Manager is responsible for ensuring consistent and accurate service to the internal users and external customers of all Word and Brown related technologies. The Help Desk Manager will be establishing policies, procedures, tracking and reporting issues and escalations following ITIL best practices. This position is required to provide excellent customer service at all times and directly work with all levels of the organization. This position will also work with the IT Operations team and leadership to manage necessary end user communications in regards to planned and unplanned interruptions and outages.
Provide hands-on troubleshooting, oversight, and direction for a team of Help Desk Analysts and Desktop Support Technicians.
The Help Desk Manager must demonstrate visible leadership skills and take ownership and coordinate ticket management, call routing, escalation processes, and communications while balancing competing priorities and coaching a team of analyst and technicians. Must have proven skills to lead a technical team within a multi-tiered service delivery model to meet user demands and deliverables. To be successful in this position, you must be dynamic, technical, motivated, organized, creative, and a great communicator to provide effective and efficient solutions following ITIL best practices.
Strategy and Planning
• Develop and implement a system to process, assign, escalate and track all incoming request and issues.
• Track and provide reports detailing trends in requests and issues, status of current requests, resolution time, first call resolution and additional information as needed.
• Develop a plan to improve all processes and technology identified.
• Develop a career path for Help Desk Analyst and Desktop Technician
Request and Issue Management
• Assign appropriate Help Desk team members to address requests and needs.
• Oversee the response times and communications to internal and external clients about status and root cause analysis.
• Monitor traffic to identify potential large scale issues and outages
• Develop and manage all Emergency Incident Management process for all large scale and escalated issues to include the communication process to our internal end users and external clients.
• Work with Help Desk team to establish department and individual goals.
• Coach and mentor staff members and ensure training goals are met.
• Manage department staffing, emergency scheduling, and provide backup support.
• Develop training programs for both Help Desk Analyst and Desktop Support Technicians.
• Provide excellent internal and external customer service at all times
• Manage the image of the Help Desk as a face of the IT department
• Develop a solutions repository for internal and external customers to provide support for common issues.
• Develop the process, procedures, and templates for communication.
• Implementing advance communication systems as required.
• On-site regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the job.
Requirements Knowledge and Experience
• Five years of progressive experience in a Help Desk and Desktop Support setting including direct hands-on experience providing end user technical support while leading and mentoring a team of Help Desk and Desktop professionals.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of computer hardware and peripherals, software and OS - Windows XP/7, MS Office Applications, file/folder services, databases, web services, ticketing systems, databases, applications, and networking.
• Experience implementing ITIL Service Desk best practices for Help Desk and Desktop processes, tools, and resources.
• Experience supervising a staff 4+ analyst and technicians.
• Outstanding communications skills and ability to work at all levels of the organization.
• Sense of urgency and respect when dealing with both internal and external-clients.
• Prior Healthcare industry experience desired.
• Solid time management and organizational skills to optimize workflow.
• Ability to manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced technical environment.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
• MS Windows Clients Windows XP - Windows 7, Citrix, VDI
• Fundamental knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, FTP and HTTP
• Understanding of networking concepts
• Fundamental knowledge of Servers, Applications, and Databases