Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
This position is part of the Global Governance Risk & Compliance (GGRC) organization and reports to the Risk & Compliance Director. The successful candidate will serve as the Risk and Compliance point of contact supporting the People Organization (HR).
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Providing guidance to business partners relating to the development of controls for critical business processes to mitigate compliance/operational risk.
- Assisting in execution of compliance risk assessments.
- Supporting ongoing and targeted compliance monitoring and/or testing.
- Providing ongoing support of business unit’s issue management and remediation efforts.
- Assisting with the integration of regulatory and operational risk requirements in the development of Policies and Procedures.
- Providing business with guidance and oversight related to new/revised processes or other initiatives.
- Preparing periodic reports summarizing the business units’ risk and control environment.
- Engaging key Risk and Compliance program stakeholders to help support business unit initiatives.
- 3-5 years of work experience related to financial services compliance employment law and/or bank regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to assess internal control design and operating effectiveness.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong and effective leadership skills and ability to operate comfortably within a complex cultural, global environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Possess sound judgment, flexibility and nimbleness in changing courses and solving problems swiftly.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, manage projects and drive/achieve results.
- Strong computer knowledge; excellent MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Operate with strong integrity with the ability to handle projects of a sensitive and confidential nature.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.