Mgr, Records Compliance
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
The Records Compliance Manager (RCM) has a significant leadership role in the department supporting key strategic objectives particularly around ongoing compliance with TriNet’s records retention policy and file transfers. Specifically, the RCM is responsible for meeting with business owners and attorneys to ensure TriNet is in compliance with records related policies, contributing to efforts to decrease the reliance on storing physical records, and train colleagues on records management policies.
• Provide records leadership by developing and maintain policies, recordkeeping systems and workflows for records management across the company.
• Implement, administer and train on information compliance strategies, including policies, uniform practices, systems and related administrative support activities, for the organization’s information and records throughout their lifecycle (as specified in the Company record retention policy and as required by law);
• Partner with a wide variety of key organizational stakeholders on information compliance issues such as: operational requirements for information management; management of information for claims and litigation matters; and advise on developing legislative, regulatory matters and technology related to document management;
• Implement process improvements to strengthen the information compliance and record keeping practices.
• Serve as Records Retention Officer for Company.
o Coordinate annual records retention certification process
o Coordinators in each business area to assure compliance with policies, procedures and practices involved in the Information Governance Program.
o Assist with Records Management Audits.
• Support the Litigation Hold process for Audit, Investigation and Litigation hold directives.
• Consult with the business groups on better ways to organize information, improve retrieval of information and minimize information storage both electronically and physically.
• Manage relationship with offsite storage and imaging vendors.
• Coordinate activities on the use of physical storage and imaging vendors including policies, procedures and training.
• Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent education and or related work experience.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): N/A
• Minimum of seven to ten (7-10) years of progressive experience in records management
• Supervisory/management experience, preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field plus related work experience required
• Certified Records Manager (CRM) preferred
• Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills (oral and written) are required due to the nature of involvement and interaction with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
• Experience with Perceptive Content and Iron Mountain Policy Center, a plus
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal/written) with all levels including executives, managers, staff, customers and vendors.
• Outstanding written & verbal communication skills, ‘hands-on’ style and willingness to proactively engage with peers
• Ability to excel in an entrepreneurial growth organization
• Demonstrated self-initiative, integrity, and resilience
• Ability to develop and use innovative and creative approaches when solving problems, dealing with change, and responding to questions.
• Ability to manage large-scale projects and high-volume, small scale projects
• Manages multiple projects/tasks simultaneously. Demonstrates ability to plan, set priorities, organizes and coordinates work with others.
• Ability to handle private and confidential information in accordance with the company’s interest and policies, legal requirements, and business ethics.
• Sense of humor
• Commitment to high professional ethical standards