Manages and leads plant operations and maintenance functions within a business unit or ministry location with some authority in plant operations and maintenance strategies, work plans, budgets, and staffing to ensure effective operational performance.
- Participates in strategic planning of staffing levels, development, and growth. recruitment, supervision, and disciplinary process.
- Assists in strategically managing and leading plant operations and maintenance services to meet the expectations of all customers served.
- Participates in the development and submitting of annual capital and operating budgets for maintenance operations for all business units or specific ministry locations of responsibilities. Manages approved budgets cost-effectively.
- Participates in the strategic planning and development of plant operations and maintenance services for maintenance services, ensuring alignment with system strategic initiatives.
- Participates in strategically developing policies and procedures that align with department and over-all locations operations, and manages the review and revision of policies and procedures.
- Participates in planning and managing the physical environment of care with the policies of the campus, The Joint Commission (TJC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and any other applicable federal, state and local statutes and administrative codes.
- Manages the purchase of supplies, equipment, and services ensuring uninterrupted service to a business unit, or specific ministry of responsibility.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in engineering, business or related field, or equivalent years of experience and education
- Five years' experience, with two years' in leadership
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.