Reporting to the Pharmacy Service Line Director, the Pharmacy Manager (Cancer Center) has the responsibility for a designated pharmacy service department or departments within Asante and manages personnel, operations, finances, and pharmacy services for identified area(s). In this role, the Pharmacy Manager serves as the Pharmacist-in-Charge or oversees the Pharmacist-in-Charge for the area(s) in compliance with the Oregon Board of Pharmacy. Also functions as staff pharmacist in area(s) of responsibility, as needed. This Pharmacy Manager will be a critical leader in our Cancer Center and help develop protocols that support our approach to Cancer Services. We are building a brand-new state-of-the-art Cancer Center to provide world class cancer services in southern Oregon.
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence.
What Makes Us Different
We provide exemplary patient care and medical excellence in our beautiful Southern Oregon community. We are committed to award-winning health care.
- 2019 CMS 5-Star Quality Rating (3rd Consecutive)
- 2020 Watson Health Top 15 Health System (8th year in a row)
What Youll Do
- Ensure a culture of trust and accountability.
- Support the growth and excellence of our first-class Pharmacy team.
- Foster staff self-development and continued learning, ensure the competence of all staff is assessed, sustained, and improved continually.
- Honor and continue to hone relationships with our world-class providers.
- Navigate the needs of our physician staff with expertise in evidence-based treatment protocols, collaboration, and partnership.
- Focus on operational excellence. In collaboration with staff, leaders, and providers concentrate on process improvement in departmental performance, patient safety, and patient experience with the principles of financial stewardship and effective change management.
- Role model our Asante principles by acting with integrity, championing excellence, promoting collaboration, embracing accountability, and leading with courage.
- Communicate and implement the strategic direction of the organization that fulfills the mission, vision, and values of Asante.
- Encourage feedback from internal and external customers, including patients/families, to monitor service effectiveness, identify opportunities for improvement of work processes, and ensure that customer needs are met.
- Bachelors degree in Pharmacy is required
- Masters degree, preferred
- Minimum 2 years of pharmacy supervisory experience, or the equivalent such as lead experience or primary preceptor responsibility, is required
- Oncology/Cancer specific experience highly preferred
- RPh: Registered Pharmacist by Oregon Board of Pharmacy is required