Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is hiring a Manager, Optimization & Support to join our permanent team! The Mgr, Optimization & Support will be on our Business Partnering - Epic Ambulatory/Connect Team and ensures all information technology applications and implementations are supported and optimized by proactively building partnerships with customers to anticipate technology needs. Takes a lead role in developing support strategies that align with departmental goals. Builds a strong, effective team. Proactively supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, a business-related discipline, or 10 years of relevant experience
- No professional certifications required
- 5 years of experience in a healthcare setting or business-related environment with 2 years in a leadership role
- Experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where organization, analytical, and time/project/conflict management skills were essential
- Experience with generally known hospital and/or business software systems and management tools
- Experience in data or system governance and integration practices
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Advanced oral and written communication skills for executive communications, proposals, and project reporting
- Expert knowledge of the business or clinical content of systems
- Proficient at a high level in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project
- Proven ability to develop, maintain, and lead collaborative, productive relationships with cross-functional teams at all levels
- Manages staff activities to create and nurture constituent relationships with emphasis on consistent, superior service to build productive partnerships.
- Defines and ensures that application support protocols, policies, procedures, and quality metrics are enforced.
- Manages and maintains vendor relationships to ensure deliverables are being met as outlined in vendor agreements.
- Manages a working relationship with Information Systems & Technology management team and staff, collaborating on the resolution of issues, department goals. and objectives.
- Provides day-to-day staff management, including hiring, terminating, defining goals, and evaluating performance and ensures staff is meeting and exceeding deliverables.
- Promotes staff development and growth by providing guidance on development plans and recommending training opportunities for each staff member.
- Develops quality metrics to assess overall success of support teams and routinely reports to senior leadership.
- Maintains personal professional development.
- Responsible for all aspects of managing and leading a team including: interviewing, hiring, training, developing, directing work and processes, managing performance, recognizing, and rewarding employees.
- Mentor team members to encourage personal and professional growth.
- Encourage ongoing skill development by providing opportunities for continued education.
Requisition #: 24042