WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
Lead the development and implementation of the Global Fleet mobile app and digital payment strategy -- Developing scalable mobile applications that customers love. Lead all mobile product activities for US and Europe and OTR and Retail fleet segments. Ensure synergy with related product line, marketing and operational functions. Responsible for hiring, developing and leading a team of high performing product owners, and directing the work of Scrum teams.
Must create and execute long-term vision for the Global Fleet Mobile Applications. Must make sound and relevant decisions about the technologies, feature functionality and by establishing a framework of financial plans and budgets related to products and customers. Must communicate effectively within IT team, with cross-functional teams and internal and external customers. Must be able to synthesize market and customer research, competitive intelligence and market analysis to make current and future decisions regarding product direction and focus.
This position directly impacts customers’ perception of WEX and whether or not a customer is satisfied with our product(s). It can impact t whether or not we win or lose against our competition. And it can impact our relationships with internal and external customers and partners.
Contact required at all levels of organization to promote product concepts through the development, implementation and launch phases. This includes presentation to Senior Management at WEX and High-ranking customers at our partners. This position will have external contact with the customers, supplier and partners and will be known as the face mobile apps with merchants, customers and partners.
Supervision/Supervisory Responsibilities Empowered to act with limited coaching and guidance from Director of Product. Complete responsibility for mobile application budget. Carries day-to-day management responsibilities for all Product Owners reporting to this position.
Formal Supervisory Responsibilities
Direct leadership responsibility for all Product Managers in the fleet product categories and Manager of Market Research and Competitive Intelligence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and Execute Global Fleet Mobile Application and Digital Payments Strategy– Overall responsibility for researching, building and implementing the WEX Global Fleet future mobile application digital payment strategy and products through an ongoing assessment of markets, customers and competitive conditions such that they create competitive differentiation, showcase innovation and derive new sources of revenues and profit for the company. Create business cases for new product development to achieve sponsorship. Design and run beta and pilot programs with early stage products engaging as appropriate with third parties -- e.g., Major Oil companies, Vehicle OEMs, other App Providers Develop.
- Direct the work of and manage a team of product owners; influence I/T teams (scrummaster, QA, developers) to ensure product is on-time, on-spec, on-budget delivery. Assure Product Managers communicate releaseschedule to the organization. Monitor key performance metrics to ensure clarity around performance to plan.
- Keep abreast of latest trends and technologies in digital payments and synthesize its application to WEX and Global Fleet roadmap. Rationalize strategy to consolidate multiple disparate mobile applications across geographies and marketing segments into one cohesive mobile app and digital payments strategy that drives scale and delights customers.
- Work side by side the application development team using Agile Methodologies to prioritize IT development that support the roadmap. Work in concert with Corporate Development/M&A to identify, partner and/or source and deliver future mobile apps to the market. Primary responsibility for assuring that the new product/program revenue strategy assures the long-term viability of the company.
- Manage Future Product Line Releases - Lead the overall process to develop and implement product release plans that meet customer/partner/business/operational needs while ensuring achievable financial targets. Contribute to the development and execution of releases.
- Work side by side the application development team using Agile Methodologies to prioritize IT development that support the roadmap. Work in concert with Corporate Development/M&A to
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Must have knowledge of and experience with Agile Development Methodologies -- specifically Lean, Kan Ban and Scaled
- Must have knowledge of modern Mobile development platforms and technologies
- Must have an undergraduatedegree in business, computer science or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Must have a high degree of knowledge and/or experience in product management, IT, research, and working with customers, sales and marketing.
- Must have proven strong leadership, communication, execution, organization, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to facilitate cross-functional teams and lead and develop department and direct reports.
- Must possess very strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must operate in alignment with the company’s core values and competencies
- Must pass a successful background investigation
- Must has working knowledge of security protocals in digital payment space -- including tokenization.
- Must have knowledge and experience with payment networks
- Knowledge of payments industry