Job ID: 118002POSITION PURPOSE
Develops and implements operational processes that drive efficiency and effectiveness in service quality across the Merchandising Execution Team (MET). Works collaboratively with field teams and internal business partners to develop and manage customer-focused, data-driven, risk-basedprocess controls to ensure MET services meet or exceed quality standards. Enforce continuous improvement / corrective action / preventive action plan implementation throughout each process and/or SOP. Develops metrics and reporting to monitor service quality, cost, and risk components of each process.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
30% Develop and manage Standard Operating Procedures, quality walk processes, and audit controls to support performance based criteria to manage MET service quality, cost, and risk. This work requires quantitative and qualitative analysis of people, process, and data.
30% Develop and manage functional responsibilities of 3rd party service providers and internalresources. This work involves the assessment, testing, and inspection of services provided by MET against standards of performance.
20% Identify and implement best practices based on Merchandising Services industry knowledge. Develop and deliver training (to MET Field Team, internal business partners, suppliers), tailored tothe needs of the specific audience. Define technical requirements associated with MET Quality.
20% Work collaboratively with field teams, internal business partners, and suppliers to review and resolve issues related to the quality of MET service and work to continuously improve processes.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to Director or Sr Manager of MET Operations
No direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degreeprogram or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity tomove about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Degree in engineering, management, operations, or business administration
- Certified Quality Manager or Certified Quality Engineer
- Experience with merchandising services organizations (MSO) and/or store operations
- Executive presentation experience (e.g., development of presentations and delivery)
- Experience effectively managing direct reports
- Experience working on projects involving quantitative and qualitative analysis, interpreting data, and formulating recommendations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Process Management for Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Understands how to organize people and activities, understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow, knows what to measure and how to measure it, can simplify complex processes, and can identify opportunities for synergy and integration.
- Solid track record of leadership and management skills. High degree of problem solving and decision making ability, directing (and following up) on the work of others.
- Proven ability to manage positive business partnerships and perform in complex cross-functional environment. Establishes and maintains two-way dialog with others on work and results.
- Demonstrated ability to present complex terminology to diverse audiences at various levels (including executive leaders).