Under limited supervision, responsible for maximizing media sales team potential, generating sales targets, implementing strategic business plans and identifying emerging markets for new products in a large geographical area or vertical market. Develops and executes media sales plans that drive revenue for assigned products. Works independently and collaboratively to ensure business needs are achieved and provides issue resolution to internal and external partners. Performs all functions of personnel management of department employees in accordance with company policies
- Manages the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible and advising senior management on maximizing business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish
- Manages the media sales team, develops sales plans and approaches to supportbusiness plans
- Utilizes in-depth understanding of business practices to support the development of specific advertising sales goals
- Builds relationships with prospective customers. Leads processesrequired to build, manage and execute a sales pipeline, including the ability to articulate both brand value and product knowledge
- Communicates status of sales programs, results and accomplishments to the Director or other internal partners
- Ensures correct usage of CRM and other sales applications
- Develops/maintains knowledge of market trends, competition and customers. Stays up-to-date on industry best practices, standards and benchmarks through industry publications, newsletters, attending seminars or events and via individual or group training
- Plans and directs staffing, training and performance evaluations to develop sales teams
- Trains, coaches and mentors people. Ensures subordinates support related initiatives in accordance with company personnel management policies
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with five+ years’ sales experience and/or equivalent experience managing a sales team required.
- Must possess strong negotiation, relationship-building and influencing skills. Requires excellent analytical, written, oral, and effective presentation skills.
- Goal-oriented with ability to maintain a deep and broad understanding of market trends.
- Digital sales acumen required.
- Self-starter that possess high energy.
- Ability to collaborate with company and department leaders is essential.
- Ability to multi-task with strong time and project management skills.
- Experience utilizing CRM to manage direct reports performance.
- Ability to become proficient in new technologies to efficiently manage business processes.
- Requires a valid driver’s license.
Job ID 2018-48060