MISSION / SUMMARY:
This position provides leadership to production and maintenance teams and is an integral part of plant management driving performance to achieve results consistent with company direction and goals. This key position has oversight of production improvements and supports operational efficiency and safe operations.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides Technical expertise by working with Operations; Maintenance; Quality; Customer Services; Sales and Marketing and Customers
- Managerial responsibility for technical direction, administrative management, and leadership in the maintenance department.
- Leader in Safety Improvements
- Provides support implementing best practices to improve safety, quality, and productivity and cost reduction.
- Provides strong leadership and teamwork to make a quality product while ensuring a safe and efficient operation.
- Attends and participates in department meetings as scheduled
- Possesses strong communication skills, and be able to work well on teams and individually.
- Leader in Standard work and operate by the guideline processes.
- Strong in problem solving and training others
- Examines procedures and recommends changes to improve quality and operating efficiency, and to maximize productivity. Plans and executes trials to achieve desired results.
- Participates in various team activities (Safety, Lean-sigma, etc.), providing leadership to keep teams goals and results consistent with company direction.
- Fulfills duties of Manufacturing Manager in their absence (vacations, training, etc.) on an as needed basis
- Other duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of (5) years leadership/supervisory experience in the paper industry
- Minimum of seven (7) years previous production experience on paper machines (cylinder board exp. preferred)
- Demonstrated involvement in the implementation of safety initiatives
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- BS in Paper Science or Chemical engineering preferred but other engineering degree will be considered
- Continuous Improvement – Lean Six-Sigma, Lean/Six Sigma knowledge preferred.
- Dynamic, flexible team player with demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and develop others.
- Good Interpersonal skills and ability to influence people
- Proficient with Word, Excel, and other software applications as required for the business.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to influence people.
- Good organization/project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and other software applications as required for the business.
- General schedule is Monday - Friday during normal business hours but also includes a weekend rotational schedule. Employee must be willing to work alternate schedules that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Awkward movements while working on equipment.
- Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.