- Manages, creates and ensures compliance with all loss prevention and safety related company policies or procedures to prevent financial losses.
- Perform various audits or inspections to identify inventory accuracy, shrink or safety vulnerabilities and establishes building level improvement plans to address the vulnerabilities.
- Conducts training on all loss prevention and safety related topics to provide the facility with an educated and aware team member base to support inventory shrinkage and worker’s compensation expense reduction.
- Handles accident investigations to determine root causes; develop and implement proper preventative measures often resulting in team member employment terminations and/or corrective action discipline.
- Conduct professional loss prevention investigations and interviews to resolve internal theft incidents within the facility often resulting in team member employment terminations and/or corrective action discipline.
- Directs facility safety committee activities with the intent of providing for a safer work environment.
- Serves as point of contact for OSHA or any regulatory agency or compliance inspector and is responsible for follow up of any issued citations.
- Creates and implements safety and loss prevention initiatives that target compliance, injury drivers, shrink drivers and/or incident drivers utilizing an analytical approach through review of injury data, incident investigations, compliance reviews and audits.
- Ensure all physical security measures and equipment are in place and properly maintained and is a point of contact for seal integrity and unauthorized visitors on the premises.
- Develops annual building safety and loss prevention plan/goals and ensures all levels of management and team members are meeting expectations to achieve desired results.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Experience: 2 years of relevant loss prevention and/or safety experience; minimum 4 – 6 years’ experience in one or more of the following warehouse environments is required: loss prevention, safety or internal audit
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Professional Certifications: OSHA and/or Loss Prevention certifications are preferred.
Other knowledge, skills or abilities: Proficiency in Microsoft Office environment; strong communication, problem solving, public speaking, time management and interpersonal skills; ability to self-motivate and work with little supervision, work with a sense of urgency and to prioritize tasks; display a detail-oriented approach to work; ability to positively handle conflict; ability to be “on call” 24/7 to handle emergencies (alar issues, internal theft cases, disaster response, etc.)
- Normal warehouse environment
- May be asked to lift weight up to 50 pounds; may need to reach over shoulder heights, crouch, or stoop below the waist, repetitive wrist and hand or finger movement.