Purpose of Position:
The Manager of IT Project Management plans, scopes, and delivers IT-enabled initiatives for the Word and Brown Companies. The role directs a team of project managers/scrum masters, providing leadership and guidance ensuring scope, timelines, budgets and expected benefits are delivered per agreed plans. This position controls, monitors, and reports on a consolidated set of projects for delivery within or across divisions.
The Manager of IT Project Management will be accountable building organizational capability, driving execution, and improving performance
• Provide leadership and direction to deliver projects on time, on function, within budget and at the required level of quality.
• Responsible for working with Project Managers/Scrum Masters to ensure that risks and issues are assessed and managed; resources conflicts are identified and resolved and the division’s project management/Agile methodology is applied consistently for all projects in the portfolio.
• Responsible for detailed planning of projects and the creation and management of project plans, schedules, and status reports capturing key performance measurements.
• Monitor project metrics: cost, schedule, progress. Also responsible for resource capacity planning, forecasting, facilitating change control, issue and risk identification/quantification. Must track and manage multiple priorities of software development projects in a matrix management environment.
• Review, rationalize and integrate multiple work streams, including coordination with cross functional teams and consideration for impacts to other initiatives and existing systems in a structured cohesive program plan.
• Strategize with Project Managers/Scrum Masters and project teams to identify and resolve issues, assess potential risks and develop alternative plans.
• Consistently achieve high client satisfaction by being able to manage client expectations and then exceed these expectations.
• Partner with senior business leaders to define and drive a complex set of projects from inception through completion.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; ensure accurate invoicing and initiating corrective actions
• Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
• Collaborates with business partners to ensure that solutions are delivered as agreed upon in the Product Roadmap.
• Collaborates with IT Operations to ensure hardware and software are aligned to deliver business requirements.
• Enforce established processes across all project members, customers and stakeholders.
• Maintains excellent, proactive and transparent communication with upper management and stakeholders both within IT and across organizations to ensure smooth and timely delivery of solutions.
• Audit team members time entries in TFS on weekly basis to ensure correct project IDs are assigned for accurate financial reporting.
• Contribute toward ongoing advancement of software delivery by identifying opportunities for process improvement.
• Mentor, coach and train junior project managers/scrum masters.
• Accomplishes project objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assignment, scheduling, coaching, counseling, disciplining employees, communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, reviewing job contributions, and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Build industry knowledge and develop understanding of business division’s organization and objectives.
• Gain an understanding of technical assets and direction.
• Work at an enterprise level to share lessons learned and best practices.
• Determine new and creative ways to employ teams on projects and distribute responsibilities.
• Set clear goals, meet with employees on a regular basis and evaluate employee performance in accordance with company standards.
• Hold team building events to build trust and enhance employee’s collaboration skills.
• Document disciplinary issues, notify supervisor, review disciplinary action with Employee and submit to HR according to HR’s documented protocol.
• Take action that resolve conflicts in a fair and even handed manner that results in resolution that is best for the organization.
• Performs other business tasks or functions as assigned.
• On-site regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the job.
• Performs other business tasks or functions as assigned.
Requirements Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite with exceptional Project and Visio skills.
• Experience with multiple development methodologies e.g. Agile, Kanban, Waterfall, etc.
• Experience with outsourcing/co-sourcing/managed services with onshore and offshore providers
• Proven track record of successfully executing projects that meet strategic enterprise-wide objectives in a dynamic, high growth environment
• Proven ability to build relationships and to influence individuals at all levels in the organization, as well as with external vendors and service providers
• Strong capacity, scheduling and resource management experience; financial/budget management skill
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Team Foundation Server
• Knowledge and experience with facilitating communication, and cross departmental interaction/satisfaction
• Strong working knowledge of providing recommendations and priority setting among Product Management, Executive Leadership, Development and Quality Assurance
• Outstanding attention to detail and quality in producing results
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Multi-tasking skills and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment. Must be able to speak, read and write in English and be able to communication with all levels of users
• Knowledge of basic business principles
• 8-10 years of professional related experience, with at least 5 years of project management experience using a proven software delivery lifecycle process.
• Experience with strategic, tactical and operational planning, tracking and reporting.
• PMP and/or SCRUM certification preferred.
• Health Industry experience is a plus.
• Experience managing in a matrix organization including interfacing with executive level customers.
• Experience with advocating and promoting use of and project life cycle process and methodology
• Knowledge of incremental improvement process methodology based on analysis and measurement
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required