- Manages LTL, TL, and Intermodal daily performance through the regional consolidation center.
- Creates and manages carrier performance metrics and is accountable for meeting service goals into and out of the regional consolidation center.
- Identifies and implements processes with Inventory Management, Operations, and other inbound supply chain stakeholders.
- Proactively identifies potential tactical issues; develops and implements action plans to prevent service issues.
- Manages investment buys as required. Coordinates with Inventory Management, Merchandising, and Operations for timely ship & receipt to meet requirements for supplier rebates with limited network disruption.
- Partners functionally and cross functionally on supplier allowance program negotiations, metrics, and ongoing profitability management.
- Collaborates with consolidation center manager on daily inbound and outbound activity to reduce dwell time and meet carrier cutoff times.
- Manages carrier / supplier onboarding. Ensures smooth startups with no additional cost or service disruptions.
- Seeks opportunities for carrier “tours” on domestic and global sourcing redistribution.
- Supports Essendant fleet business development. Coordinates with Local and Area Transportation Managers to maximize fleet asset utilization in the network.
- Determines optimal cost and service mode for large LTL vs. TL on shipment level basis.
- Presents transportation programs as needed to supplier representatives, carriers, and internal stakeholders.
- Partners with Transportation Procurement group on carrier procurement projects.
- Meets department savings and budget commitments.
- Manages other people, process, budget, performance management, compliance activities, and associate development as required by the job.
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant’s Core Values and Guiding Actions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent understanding of transportation modes and operations.
- Solid Excel & PowerPoint skills with the ability to interpret and present data and concepts in a concise manner through dashboards and presentations.
- Expert organizational and multitasking skills to manage a high volume, multi modal network.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to convey issues and opportunities with carriers, suppliers, and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent ability to work well both independently and in a cross functional team environment.
- Solid understanding of finance and mathematics.
- Intermediate knowledge of Hyperion or ability to learn with minimal training.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably Transportation, Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 5years’ experience in Transportation Management