Consider a career with us:
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $12 billion global technology leader. Our connectivity and sensor solutions are essential in today’s increasingly connected world. We collaborate with engineers to transform their concepts into creations – redefining what’s possible using intelligent, efficient and high-performing TE products and solutions proven in harsh environments. Our 72,000 people, including over 7,000 engineers, partner with customers in over 150 countries across a wide range of industries. We believe EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS
Tasks Summary & Responsibilities: This Mgr II Project Management Engineering will be responsible for leading a team of project managers, as well as, managing a portfolio of projects. They will be asked to provide leadership to a small team of project managers (4 to 6 people). In this capacity, they will be involved in project assignment, working with project managers and functional team members to resolve project issues, and interfacing with customers and business unit senior leadership when needed.This individual will also lead project teams and manage a portfolio of their own projects.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Provide leadership to a team of 4 to 6 project managers
- Manage a portfolio of projects that may include new product introductions or sustaining activities
- Manage the tiered accountability/escalation process for their team of project managers
- Ensure discipline to launch and sustaining processes utilizing the TE Project system as required
- Work closely with the operations team to ensure seamless transition of new processes
- Communicate with customers as needed to move projects forward
- Lead project teams and manage a portfolio of projects
- Escalate issues effectively to functional managers and senior leaders
- Meet customer and internal project schedule for projects under the responsibility of their project management team
- Meet the financial targets for the projects under the responsibility of their project management team
- Ensure project teams have sufficient staffing
- A bachelors degree in a technical related field
- 5+ years experience in project management
- PMP certification preferred.
- High level of initiative and drive with a strong sense of urgency and accountability; energetic, proactive, and hardworking so as to lead by example.
- Strong communications skills; must demonstrates an open, honest, and transparent communication style with excellent interpersonal skills; ability to explain complex topics concisely to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent judgment and experiences in an environment which requires emotional maturity, politically savvy, and the personal ability to interact with all types of personnel at varying levels.