Location(s): United States (East Coast), United Kingdom
The Global Product Management Lead for Rugged Optic Fiber (RFO) will have P&L responsibility for RFO product families within our global footprint in the Aerospace Defense and Marine business unit. This position is responsible for the overall product strategy and business leadership for Fiber product families in order to meet sales, profit and otherfinancial goals.
The role will direct a team of geographically deployed, seasoned Product Managers. The successful candidate must have experience leading a diverse team and driving results by direct management as well as indirect influence in a matrix environment and have clear understanding of product P&L and levers.
The role is responsible for the long-term vision of all Fiber product families and the competitive landscape which will expand from a $18M USD product line into a $40M USD portfolio.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Develop the business strategy for TE Active and Passive Fiber Optic components and systems, identifying and translating market trends and customer needs to ensure profitable growth (2xmarket) is achieved or exceeded.
- Synthesizes competitive analysis and market assessments to drive product strategy, prioritize investments, and establish go-to-market strategies that capitalize on customer and market trends
- Establishes a strategic roadmap for the portfolio, including New Product concepts, extensions of existing solutions, inorganic partnerships and M&A activities
- Clearly understands the competitive landscape - competitor strategies, pricing, positioning, strengths and weaknesses
- Understands the buying motive of customers and partners in relation to how they will use and apply our products
- Maintain sales forecast for assigned product lines and support the S&OP process
- Drive white space innovation, product definition and mix management (custom to standard product)
- Drive initiative to make the product management function the center of the business and the financial stewards of the RFO Portfolio
- Establish and maintain product line strategy and business plan with responsibility for profitability of all connector product lines
- Establish critical success metrics for product management and pricing strategy
- Working with the marketing communications team to develop product promotion plans
Skills & Experience
- Generally requires Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field with extensive proven experience in product management and managing Product Managers
- Relevant product or industry experiencedesired; Knowledge of Fiber preferred
- Advanced degree (MBA) or relevant P&L management experiencepreferred
- Experience in complex, matrix organizations; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network
- Demonstrated leadership ability with cross-functional teams
- Ability to effectively deal with moderate levels of ambiguity- can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, comfortably handles risk and uncertainty and has a strong growth mindset
- Experience in a B2B environment
- Strong English language skills is a must, both written and verbal
- Strong business acumen (P&L management, understanding costs, strategy & business planning)
- Demonstrated ability as product line leader
- Demonstrated ability as problem solver in fast paced environment
- Ability to travel approximately 50%
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows software (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Due to ITAR restrictions, must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident if role is based in the United States.