Under General Supervision, this position reports to a Director of Operations. This level is capable of supporting the management of medium to large complex construction / facility maintenance projects within the Operations & Maintenance Function.
• Manage of small cap structural, mechanical, electrical, architectural and civil construction / facility projects.
• Manage HSE requirements for construction / maintenance projects in operating facilities.
• Planning and scheduling contractor work in an operating facility.
• Develop construction / facility maintenance scopes of work.
• Manage quality requirements for construction / facility maintenance projects.
• Manage construction / facility maintenance costs and budgets.
• Obtain work approvals and permits as required.
• Work in a distribution center facility.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities*
• With DOO assistance, maintains client relationships by regular communication to better understand
project operations, this communication should; appraise of Fluor activities, advise of potential
improvements, assess changing needs, develop teamwork and ask for client feedback on performance.
• Acts as the first line of contact to the Client Plant Manager by conducting quarterly interviews and
maintaining close client relationships.
• Manages the work to the terms of the contract by eliminating leakage and optimizing returns.
• Monitors risk as assigned by DOO by reviewing risk on a regular basis and identifying significant business risk for Fluor.
• Identifies future client requirements and upselling opportunities by developing on-site assessments of
client operations and proposing project plans.
• Applies appropriate analytical tools and techniques in by assessing client organizations, acquiring client
engagements with significant profitability potential and transforming the client organization from the
current state to the proposed future state.
• Fulfills contract and OSR/OSIP requirements by ensuring that the duties and responsibilities of the
project contract are clearly defined, documented and followed by the Fluor team.
• Assists in the development and adherence to Site Business Plan by monitoring budgets, performance
and utilization, and provides periodic reporting for the respective site.
• Supports sales efforts by assisting in sales presentations, estimates and proposals including negotiating
• Achieves business goals by hiring qualified candidates, communicating job expectations; approving
performance appraisals; conducting salary administration, coaching, counseling and disciplining
• Enhances skills, performance, and development of all employees by sponsoring and promoting training
programs so that adherence to specifications is ensured and work of the highest quality prevails.
• Maintains a safe work environment by administering a proactive environmental, health and safety
program oriented towards maintenance activities and zero accidents.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site.
Basic Job Requirements
• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and six (6) years of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to ten (10) years if non-degreed; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Other Job Requirements
• Prepare scope of work for bid packages, review bids, and make recommendations for award
• Typically degreed, preferably in engineering or business field of study with minimum six (6) years of O&M office or site experience and minimum one (1) year experience managing small to medium somewhat complex O&M sites or projects
• Typically has minimum six (6) years of progressive construction and technical experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Previous project management experience
• Ability to delegate.