Coordination of all necessary aspects and resources to successfully complete assigned requirements with full focus on safety, security, quality, schedule, and cost. Monitor and report on factory metrics (safety, cost, quality, and OTD). Assign resources to work issues that are negatively impacting performance. Coordinate with Fab Engineering on manufacturing process development activities. Communicate material shortages, performance to MRP and any other issue resulting in an impact to production to Factory and Program management and bring proposed solutions to the table. Responsible for ensuring goals are set for appropriate direct reports and for PDS completion annually as well as the mentoring and growth of employees within the group.
This position will start as a rotational assignment working across different factories.
- 6 years of proven leadership experience in a manufacturing environment. Must attest to a history of no ethical conflicts.
- Knowledge of machining processes
- Verifiable leadership skills and the ability to demonstrate experience managing a large cross functional team in a high paced production environment.
- Leadership ability focused on core professional values of respect, trust, and team collaboration that can be demonstrated by multiple practical examples.
- Demonstrated prior working responsibility for the safety, security, quality, schedule and cost preferably in an AS9100 factory environment.
- Proven experience and knowledge of manufacturing principles, Lean Manufacturing, support team roles and responsibilities, and manufacturing systems.
- Demonstrated ability to follow rules and regulations. Willing to comply with all pertinent Raytheon Environmental, Health, & Safety Organizational Directives and Instructions and other applicable Program and Site Directives and Raytheon Company Policies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This position requires a candidate that can write technical process documents, write production work instructions and communicate production needs / status to all levels of the organization in a professional and thorough manner. The individual must communicate effectively with production supervisors, managers, plant management, and technical experts.
- Proven experience in reading, understanding, and using drawings, work instructions, and written policies to guide work efforts.
- Understanding of sequencing for fabrication, assembly, installation, inspection, and other manufacturing operations including manufacturing line balancing.
- Proven experience in developing and improving production processes, with a focus on data driven process improvement. Must have knowledge of error proofing processes.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to ascertain production or process weaknesses and ensure adequate proactive solutions are in place to eliminate production downtime.
- Proven experience to solve personnel, process and facility problems quickly, often working across functional groups. Successful candidate must have experience working as a team member with various types of production operators, engineers, supply chain personnel, and equipment technicians.
- Verifiable experience in monitoring and responding to team metrics, resulting in a path of continual improvement.
- Ability to ensure the team is properly trained and understands all requirements including experience in advanced training approaches.
- Experience in promoting and maintaining team harmony and morale.
- Experience in conflict mitigation between team members · Demonstrated ability to be organized, self-motivated, dependable, and work well with others in a multi-tasking environment.
- Testable computer skills in equipment operating systems, control systems, and MS Office administrative systems · Knowledge and experience using SAP based production systems.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Engineering, and Mechanical Design Engineering.
- Practical application experience in Six Sigma continuous improvement process ·
- Testable understanding of labor forecasts and Estimates at Compete (EACs) for the support and touch employees or extensive Earned Value (EVMS) or Cost Account Manager (CAM) experience.
- Proven ability to accurately forecast and manage manpower requirements.
- Certified in CPR or other safety specific training.
- Ability to and documented experience in creating and managing a detailed indirect and direct manufacturing budget that will be the basis for annual cost performance.
- Experience with/knowledge of N/C programming and CAD/CAM systems
- Experience with/knowledge of any of the following support functions: M&T, QRA, Planning, EHS, Training, Purchasing, and overhead account management
- Experience with any of the following software systems/tools: JDE, Pro-E, Pro-N/C, GibbsCam, CaWeb, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access
- 8 years of proven leadership experience in a manufacturing environment. Must attest to a history of no ethical conflicts.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree; Related experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.