This position is for a Section Manager in the Whole Life Warfighter Solutions department within the Whole Life Engineering Directorate (WLED). You will be responsible for the Technical and Managerial oversight of approximately 20 individuals supporting Control Account Management, Reliability / FRACAS, Logistics and Training / Technical Manuals, and Supportability Engineering activities across various programs within IDS. Section managers are responsible for the leadership, performance development, administration of work assignments, resource allocation/planning, and career development of their section members. Section managers provide mentoring to members of their group and are responsible for developing organizational goals for their section. Responsibilities also include ensuring compliance with Raytheon Policies & Procedures and accurate time reporting by all section members, as well as participation in talent acquisition and retention.
Technically, the Section manager is responsible for ensuring flawless execution against program requirements, overseeing project cost accounts using EVMS and the development of both technical and cost proposals. Section managers support the organizations long term strategic planning and have the opportunity to support various initiatives across the engineering CBT and WLED.
This position can be a Salary Grade G10 or Salary Grade G11 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- Minimum of 8years of engineering and / or logistics experience
- General engineering expertise and technical skills to engage peers, superiors, and subordinates across various IDS CBTs and IBTs as well as across Raytheon business units
- Experience in project and / or team leadership
- Must have a current security clearance or able to obtain
- Demonstrated experience establishing and maintain good working relationships with all levels of the organization, including customers and supporting functional organizations
- Demonstrated experience establishing processes and procedures, influencing decisions, and setting directions
- Experience with IPDS and Gate processes, including development of technical / cost proposals and Earned Value management
- Ability to define, develop, and deploy organizational specific processes
- Demonstrated oral and written presentation skills
- BS/BA in Engineering or any related major. 8+ years of relevant field experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. (Two years related work experience can substitute for one year of education)