Since time began, the earth's been a generous contributor to people's well-being. We haven't been around quite that long, but The Nature's Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature's bountiful effects on people's health.
Through our years, we've been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that's why The Nature's Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We're a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We're also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you've ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person's well-being. The Nature's Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
As a member of the plant leadership team, the High Performance System (HPS) Leader will partner with the Plant Manager in order to develop the plant's Master Plan and coordinate the successful execution of that plan.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the building of HPS capabilities and ensure the development and execution of the plant's zero loss journey focused on mitigating all types of losses at the site
- Deploy and sustain the foundational elements of the HPS at the site. The Site HPS Leader will report on dotted line basis to the Sr. HPS Leader, who provides direction on priorities and ensures proper deployment of established pillar methodology
- Partner with the plant leadership team to conduct the site loss analysis and lead the development and execution of the plant Master Plan, implementing Systems and Tools to address site key losses
- Align with corporate HPS Leadership on the proper deployment and assessment of HPS systems to address losses and build sustainable capability in the plant
- Ensure plant Pillar coaching visits and assessments are coordinated as a support to the site Pillar leadership and in line with the HPS plant deployment strategy
- Drive a high performance culture in the site through visible servant leadership, promotions and other forms of communication
- Lead or coach focused improvement activities and teams to reduce or eliminate targeted losses
- Develop and communicate the plant scorecard and coach the team in analyzing trends and improving plant KPIs
- Rollout and maintain a highly effective daily direction setting (DDS) routine at a site, business and operating team levels
- As part of the site Master Plan, deploy Pillar methodology aligned with reduced or eliminate targeted losses
- Coach the effective implementation of standard work practices as defined by the HPS Pillar methodology
- Proactively seek feedback for system and tool effectiveness at the plant and work collaboratively with the HPS structure to continuously improve standards and methodology
- 5+ years of experience in a Warehouse & Distribution environment
- Experience using modern Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement methods (LEAN, TPM, 6 Sigma, TQM) highly preferred
- Good knowledge of TPM and/or High Performance Organization Systems
- Thorough understanding of the business and all manufacturing plant functions
- Demonstrated experience and passion for working with people to help them run their operations at ever improving levels of performance
- Functional or Operational Leadership Experience
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in a scientific or engineering field.
- Formal training in Operational Excellence methods such as LEAN, TPM, 6 Sigma
- Strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and meet deadlines, and to coach others on doing the same
- Passion for building capabilities in others
- Strong change management agent experience
- Project management experience, including the demonstrated ability to create project timeline and to make such a timeline get delivered on time
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) with excellent influencing ability
- Highly energetic with a desire to engage in floor activities to support capability building events
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.