Overall Job Summary
This global engineering role is tasked with driving key technology, innovation, and reliability initiatives for the global production locations to facilitate product and process competitiveness and the realization of customer value.
- Identify, develop, and implement intelligent production solutions that meet specific business goals working with internal resources, research institutions, emerging technology firms, and industry partners.
- Facilitate the development of the future state through technology road mapping, trend analysis, M&A, and new products/processes. Review existing technology road map and recommend any needed changes or adjustments to align with key strategies throughout the organization.
- Support intra and inter-business technology transfer and exchange.
- Create and deploy Centers of Excellence (CoEs) across product lines, business segments, asset base, and technology categories.
- Foster the development of facility, engineering, and maintenance standards
- Structure and lead global reliability improvement programs in areas of focused improvement, autonomous maintenance, preventative maintenance, and maintenance prevention. Provide related support and integration with training and education, quality, safety, and administrative programs
- Execute and lead major engineering and new product/process development projects.
- Identify resident technology that is no longer viable for meeting current and future business needs
- Develop capital expenditure requests in conjunction with the business segments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Responsible for supervising a team of employees.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly/Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold & heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low/moderate.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 8+ years progressive experience in new technology application (product and process), new product development, asset commissioning, and related experience required
- 5+ years in a leadership role (direct or indirect)
- Prior managerial/supervisory experience
- Frequent travel is required, including the potential for international travel
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Primary focus areas: Advanced/ Intelligent Materials, Process Automation, Additive Manufacturing, Disruptive Technologies, Print/Graphics Technologies, Marking and coding systems.