Mgr General II
5 - 7 years experience •
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Responsible for the overall success and management of a lawncare branch. Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates, and controls branch activities and functions to achieve branch goals and objectives while maintaining corporate standards. Manages two or more supervisors who, in turn, supervise a total of five or more employees in the operations, business and sales/marketing departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these departments. Maintains profit and loss accountability for between $1M and $5M.
1. Generates sales revenue by adding new program customers as well as by cross-selling and up-selling current customers.
2. Coordinates warehousing, production, and sales in accordance with policies and procedures.
3. Directs the development and implementation of all sales/marketing strategies utilized by the branch.
4. Oversees branch office functions including phone service standards, clerical services, and collections.
5. Develops plans for the efficient use of materials, equipment and employees.
6. Reviews production costs and product quality, and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operations.
7. Prepares annual budget, re-projections, and monthly projections.
8. Evaluates performance, makes salary recommendations, and administers disciplinary actions consistent with company policy.
9. Evaluates quality of service provided to customers and develops procedures to minimize customer complaints.
10. Prepares regional and corporate reports.
11. Ensures recruiting, interviewing, and staffing of personnel are conducted to efficiently staff the service, sales, and administrative function.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree (BS/BA/BBA) or six (6) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experiencerequired. MS/MA/MBA preferred.
• Minimum of five (5) years related experience required.
• Minimum of two (2) year management experience required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the organization, products, and/or services required.
• Valid, permanent driver’s license from state of residence and a clean driving record per company standards are required. Current liability auto insurance required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid DOT medical card. Must be 21 years of age by date of hire.
• Certificates, licenses and registrations as required by federal and state law.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of general business operations, principles, concepts and best practices
• Knowledge of managerial accounting and general financial concepts, including budgeting and managing profit & loss
• Leadership and management skills, including staffing, delegation, coaching, and performance management
• Assertiveness, sales, and influencing skills
• Project and process management skills
• Organizational and time managements
• Written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking and presentations
• Knowledge and skill to summarize and interpret data and draw conclusions
• Attention to detail and analytical skills
• Skill with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle on company business
• Ability to travel overnight on company business as needed
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to:
• Sit or stand
• Walk on uneven surfaces or climb stairs for extended periods of time
• Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
• Speak and hear
• Use vision abilities for close, distance, color, peripheral, depth and focus
• Lift up to 25 lbs independently
Occasionally required to:
• Lift or move up to 50 lbs with assistance
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl