Overall Job Summary The Mgr – Financial Reporting has responsibility for preparation of the Company’s consolidated financial statements and the Company’s external reporting to the SEC, financial institutions, etc. This role coordinates quarterly reviews and annual audit of the Company’s financial statements with external auditors. The Mgr – Financial Reporting coordinates the preparation of the Company’s Annual Report to Shareholders. It is also responsible for preparing financial and other analysis as assigned by the Director, Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting, Controller and the CFO.
- Prepare/review the Company’s consolidated financial statements
- Oversee all aspects of quarterly and annual reporting processes
- Prepare Company’s quarterly and annual reports to shareholders
- Prepare and file all Company filings required by the SEC (Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K, XBRL filings, etc.)
- Prepares financial and statistical analysis of the Company’s financial information
- Researches and implements new accounting pronouncements and SEC rules and regulations
- Participates in acquisition due diligence activities, the integration of newly-acquired businesses, and other special projects as assigned
- Providing financial guidance and counsel to senior financial management
- Updating Company financial reporting policies and procedures
- Additional duties as assigned
Responsible for supervising a team of employees.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low/moderate.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 8+ years progressive public accounting experience required
- 5+ years in a leadership role (direct or indirect)
- Prior managerial/supervisory experience
- CPA license preferred
- SEC reporting experience preferred
- Experience with consolidation of foreign operations
- Periodic travel is required, including the potential for international travel
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled