Job ID: 117807
In this position, the Manager of Finance will be expected to provide total financial leadership, direction and analysis to the functional management team. The Manager will lead the annual strategic planning process, working closely with leadership and all levels of the business. Additional responsibilities will include complex financial modeling and analysis and tracking of key initiatives.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
Strategic Analysis/Problem Solving:
- Works to fully understand business; identify and implement process and organizational improvements.
- Plans and ensures execution of department objectives.
- Participates in preparation of the annual budget, reviews monthly expenditures and ensures that budgetary goals are met. Reviews monthly metrics to ensure goals are met.
- Conduct financial planning for function and make appropriate recommendations.
- Leads, plans, and coordinates work teams in an efficient manner to effectively perform any financial function and activity; utilizes metrics to track performance and manage workload.
- Ensures operational processes and procedures are compliant and consist with established policies.
- Drive key functional financial metrics.
- Develops and supports a strategic alliance with business partners.
- Participates in cross-functional activities focused on solving business issues and enhancing our competitive advantage.
- Facilitates cross-functional communication with other areas of the business including but not limited to Finance, Human Resources, Real Estate, Operations, and Information Systems.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to a Director level
This position has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degreeprogram or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with financial modeling of NPV, IRR, ROI
- Business case experience
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity tomove about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practicies, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of business and mgmt. Principles involved in strategic planning and resource allocation.
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and mult-task effectively.
- Judgement and decision-making skills; considering relative costs, benefits of potential actions.