Develops and performs accounting and finance functions supporting the maintenance of accounting records and the compilation of financialreports, budgets, forecasts and otherfinancial analyses for the Owens & Minor domestic manufacturing business.Applies technical principles of accounting and financial analysis in performing job functions.Identifies and mitigates current and future financialrisk.Partners and collaborates with otherinternal teams such as Proprietary Products management, Controllers, Financial Operations, Treasury, Tax and Human Resources in fulfilling duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Minimizes company risk from accounting/financial errors by ensuring proper accounting/financial systems, reporting structures and reporting methodologies are developed and maintained.Acts as internal financial subject-matter-expert for the Owens & Minor (O&M) domestic manufacturing business.
2.Responsible for accounting for monthly results, consolidation accounting and business reviews for the domestic manufacturing business.Researches variances to budget and prior-year and communicates to management in written and verbal formats.
3.Assists with the preparation process of the annual budget.Ensures data conforms to accounting rules and to company processes and procedures.Develops the periodic forecasts and outlook and maintains the 5-year plan.
4.Participates in the development and implementation of financial systems to enhance financialreporting and analysis.Assists with financial system projects (such as cost
accounting, general ledger, etc.).Also participates in the system selection, upgrade and replacement processes.
5.Ensures new accounting practices, procedures and financialreporting standards are incorporated in analysis and reports.Informs teammates of changes, as appropriate.
6.Develops and maintains various periodic reports, including, but not limited to, quarterly and year-end auditschedules and reports for external reporting, as applicable.Manages the quarterly and annual Sarbanes-Oxley review for a designated line(s) of business.
7.Manages the process for tracking and reporting spending against approved capital projects.Assists in the preparation of Capital Investment Requests (CIR) for Investment Review Committee approval.
8.Reviews invoices ensuring costs are properly recorded and charged to appropriate general ledger accounts, capital projects and Statements of Work (SOWs), as applicable.
9.Collaborates with Controllers, Financial Operations, Treasury, Tax, Human Resources and manufacturing business partners in performing duties.
10.Manages teammates in the Finance function.Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs detailed, complex financial analysis and cost studies as needed.
Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCEREQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related Finance discipline, required.
- CPA, MBA or equivalent, required.
- Minimum, 7 (seven) years of related experience in a position of similar scope and impact, required.
- Prior experience in Public Accounting or the Manufacturing industry, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong accounting technical skillset (GAAP).
- Ability to demonstrate financial analysis skills including knowledge of financial metrics and processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal, written communication skills.Ability to communicate financial concepts to non-financial audiences.
- Ability to manage and implement complex multiple financial projects under limited supervision.
- Ability to plan work for self and coordinate with others to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage a team of 1 to 3 direct and indirect reports.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS & WORK AIDS
1.General office equipment including PC and calculator.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS
1.Inside working conditions.
2.No environmental hazards indicated for this classification.