At Avantor, our mission is to set science in motion to create a better world. We are a leading global provider of mission-critical products and services to customers in the life sciences and advanced technologies and applied materials industries. We are recruiting for a FP&A Finance Manager supporting one of our key Business Segments. If you are a collaborative Finance leader who thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for supporting the planning, budgeting, and actual reporting processes for the Science Education business, which is comprised of both Distribution and Manufacturing, as well as the day to day financial leadership of the business.
This associate will actively partner with business leadership to continuously provide critical information, unbiased facts, risks and opportunities, and ownership/championing of insights and action planning to enhance growth and operating results. This role will work on highly complex assignments with extensive latitude for independent judgment. The role will have one direct report.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates and develops strong relationships with business leaders to set action plans to achieve annual operating plan; actively engages daily as co-leader of the business team; drives results in conjunction with business leadership.
- Develops and implements annual operating plan and monthly forecasts to accurately reflect current expectations of the business.
- Prepares monthly forecast update by collaborating with field leadership.
- Prepares and reviews monthly results and ad hoc analysis to determine methods of increasing operating productivity through revenue generation, margin expansion and/or cost control.
- Develops financial presentation packages for review with Senior Leadership and various business partners on a periodic basis.
- Develops working capital targets for the business units and coordinate with various business functions on operating plans and initiatives to ensure successful achievement of targets.
- Prepares and reviews on an ongoing basis the profitability of customers, categories and/or products. Manages profitable growth in business unit, utilizing customer profitability tool to ensure sustainable growth. Provides recommendations to increase profitability.
- Reviews and develops the financial justification for various capital or operating investments.
- Ensures business activities and processes comply with applicable laws and/or US GAAP.
- Actively participates and co-leads team on customer proposal/RFQ process.
- Facilitates, expedites and resolves a variety of financial/reporting issues/questions raised by the business area or operating team.
- Assists in the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures. Recommends best practices based upon analytical review of factual data.
- Manages personnel activities of staff (reward and recognition, performance review, training, and development, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from an accredited college or university or relevant work experience; Graduate degree preferred, but not required
- 4+ years’ experience in finance or accounting related fields; leadership experience a plus
- Experience in financial analysis, reporting and profitability analysis for both Manufacturing and Distribution
- Willingness to travel as needed (< 20%)
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, and the ability to work in team environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical skills
- Ability to work with other executives, managers and owners in developing operating plans and maintaining regular financial reports; ability to modify or create reporting processes to ensure efficient operations and timely reporting
- Independent, self-starter, highly motivated
- Comfortable engaging with Avantor customers on contractual negotiations and other matters
- Proficiency with MS Tools (TEAMS, Excel, etc.), SAP, Hyperion (or similar platform)
- Experience with Business Intelligence Tools (Tableau, QlikView, Alteryx) a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.