Responsible for investigating and managing all assigned Ethics Helpline complaints and conducting Human Resource Audits within a geographic area. Proactively work with HR Leadership to develop plans and strategies to adhere to HR compliance policies while maintaining positive employee relations to sustain a union free environment.
1. Investigate and manage all Ethics Helpline HR compliance complaints within geographic area.
2. Manage and/or conduct all HR Audit compliance activities within geographic area, including re-audits.
3. Develop plans and strategies to ensure adherence to all Company compliance and associate relations initiatives by working with business unit HR leadership across all brands.
4. Provide specialized HR support to establish proactive, positive associate relations and communications programs that adhere to labor law and maintains a union-free environment.
5. Effectively assess, manage and provide remedies for improvements in HR compliance programs in accordance with Company, state and federal regulations including, but not limited to DOL, EEO, OFCCP and ICE.
6. Provide guidance, support, advice and assistance on all union awareness efforts, campaigns, activities and/or associate interventions.
7. Provide assistance in training, development and support of local BUHR and BU management in all areas of HR/AR compliance.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Industrial Relations, Psychology or a related discipline; JD or Masters Degree preferred
2. Generally 5+ years of solid, progressively responsible Human Resources experience Knowledge and understanding of federal and state regulations regarding AAP, EEO, DOL, OFCCP, FLSA, Immigration, NLRA, WARN, labor and employment laws
3. Ability to understand statistical inferences and metrics
4. Solid analytical skill
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
6. Strong organizational skills
7. Good facilitation and training skills
8. Ability to interpret instructions and information and construct thoughtful, practical solutions
9. Ability to positively influence others and provide strong leadership skills
10. Experience with positive associate relations, union awareness, and union avoidance
11. Broad HR generalist skills (i.e. benefits, payroll, compensation, talent acquisition/development, employee relations)
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
• Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
• Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
• Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
• Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
• Must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
Incumbent is required to have:
• Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
• Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.