Description: Manages the 24 hour environmental services operations of a Medical Center and attached and/or detached Medical Office Building(s). Develops and implements efficient/productive cleaning methods, supervises environmental services and grounds keeping staff, manages administration of training programs, customer relations, and budget administration. Ensures compliance with standards and regulations.
- Manages the daily operations of the department.
- Regulates daily activities of staff, providing necessary guidance and support to maintain quality performance standards.
- Interviews and selects environmental services personnel and oversees staff training and development as outlined by EVS policies and procedures.
- Monitors operational programs, assuring that buildings are maintained in a safe, clean, and operationally effective condition.
- Supervises environmental services and grounds keeping employees to ensure that work techniques, quality assurance standards, department policies and procedures and job specifications are adhered to.
- Administers annual competency assessment process.
- Develops, initiates, and maintains EVS departmental policies/procedures relative to OSHA, DHS, The Joint Commission, NFPA, OSHPD, and other governing agency regulations and standards.
- Documents staff training to ensure full program compliance.
- Communicates and coordinates department activities with those of other departments by attending and participating in medical center, Local Market and regional committees such as peer groups, safety, disaster, infection control, interior design and recycling committees.
- Evaluates new products while adhering to National Purchasing Organization guidelines and national Facility services standards.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of latest environmental trends, products and regulatory requirements necessary to deliver efficient and effective environmental services.
- Assists Facility Services Manager in preparation of department budgets.
- Identifies opportunities to decrease costs and increase service levels.
- Identifies and implements best practices to generate new and innovative ideas to improve service and reduce costs.
- Minimum five (5) years ofprevious supervisory experience specific to health care or hospitality required.
- Experience with PC based word processing and spreadsheet applications required.
- Prior supervisory experience in a union environment required.
- Bachelor's degree in management OR five (5) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Knowledge of medical and hazardous waste regulations, health facilities and their unique cleaning requirements preferred.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to communicate effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Functional knowledge of infection control techniques, sanitation protocols, and cleaning methods required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- American Society for Healthcare Environmental services (ASHES) or International Executive Housekeepers Association (IEHA) Certification preferred.