Essential Duties of Position:
Systems Delivery: Responsible for ensuring and maintaining the highest levels of availability and performance of applications that are vendor supported and in-house developed which deliver services to the company’s customer’s and support departments. Works with multiple internal business units/groups to prioritize and implement enhancements and major projects and support continuous incident management for problems submitted by customers.
• Overall configuration, administration, security and performance of 3rd party and/or in-house developed applications and system integrations
• Delivery and support for all systems and applications to include:
· Maximizing Uptime, Availability and Functionality
· Processing of Trouble Tickets and End-user support requests
· Upgrades, Patches and Releases
· Producing system enhancements
• Adherence by team to all IT Service Assurance policies, processes and controls including Quality Control, Change Management, Release Management, Risk Management and Problem management.
• Vendor Management including contract performance and incident management.
• Develop and maintain contingency and reliability plans.
• Staffing selection, supervision, and development evaluation
• Budgetary planning and monitoring
• Resource management for maintenance, enhancement, and project activities
Strategy and Vision: Works with IT Management to implement the business strategy and vision for the applications within the company’s enterprise environment.
• Maintain application upgrade path and schedule
• Understand vendor future product roadmap and applicability to GCI’s strategy
• Manage vendor contract and license compliance
• Collaborate with peers to develop technology roadmaps
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Operations Management:
· Must be technically astute, highly organized and have a reputation for meeting deadlines and budget commitments. Familiar with the related communications, reporting, and tracking tools.
· Ability to use business knowledge, sound judgment and resourcefulness to adapt existing policies and practices.
· Must be able to reconcile divergent demands by multiple parties.
· Highly familiar with the telecommunications industry preferred.
· Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of IT industry best practices such as ITIL.
· Exceptional ability in discerning and resolving the root cause of problems in complex environments.
· Ability to plan, manage and oversee the execution of service development and operations work using modern agile methodologies such as Kanban or Scrum.
· Manage applications performance to defined SLA’s (Service Level Agreements), ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) best practices, and SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) controls to support business goals.
· Build and maintain excellent relationships on multiple levels across the lines of business to ensure customer satisfaction and accurate knowledge regarding performance of applications in the environment.
· Accountable for system configuration and/or development of enhancements, including assisting with evaluating and/or preparing requirements, business cases, specifications, designs, time, staff, and cost estimates.
· Accountable for all aspects of testing and promoting to production both vendor and developed integration changes, enhancements, releases and other related system components.
· Responsible for monitoring and interface to other teams that maintain overall environment associated with application. (I.e. DB, middleware, platform etc.)
· Provide technical guidance and recommendations to staff.
• Business Partner Management:
· Responsible for understanding/monitoring the contract with the vendor regarding performance and leverage that understanding to GCI’s benefit.
· Maintain broad knowledge of software industry segment.
• Project Management:
· Demonstrated understanding of project management fundamentals including: project planning, resource management, risk mitigation, issues management, business impact management, platform and environment management, and security and quality assurance.
· Manage multiple small to medium projects related to daily operations and business development.
• Technical Competencies:
· Must be capable of managing complex business applications in an enterprise IT organization.
· Must be able to prioritize multiple work streams and resources effectively.
· In-depth knowledge (preferred) of enterprise wide systems.
· Knowledge of and experience using agile methodologies such as Kanban and Scrum.
· Knowledge of the concepts of Site Reliability Engineering or related or complementary operational engineering practices.
· Knowledge of IT industry best practices such as SDLC and ITIL and how to leverage those in a complementary way with devops practices and agile work management.
· Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts and practices.
· Ability to discern and resolve the root cause of problems in complex environments.
· Ability to analyze impacts of changes on systems and taking the necessary steps to ensure successful implementation.
· Ability to test and document bug fixes and enhancements to software systems.
· Ability to break down a large problem into discreet tasks and delegate.
• People and Self-Management:
· Provide broad guidelines to staff to create opportunities for staff development and encourage staff to propose solutions to problems.
· Hold self and others accountable for results.
· Conduct employee performance evaluations.
· Ensure professional and interpersonal skills development for staff.
· Act decisively and with fairness when dealing with problem subordinates.
· Build and maintain effective working relationships with leadership, peers, internal and external customers, vendors and user group communities.
· Self-directed, take initiative and seek out opportunities. Assess and accept risks and learn from mistakes.
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
· Demonstrate strong leadership capabilities (e.g., consensus building, conflict resolution, goal setting, planning, and development).
· Adaptable to a consistently changing set of business priorities and set leadership tone for adaptability.
• Must have a minimum of seven (7) years’ of IT experience within a production support environment, of which to include; two (2) or more years of supervisor/management/leadership experience.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Systems or related technical field is required.
• Or, a combination of relevant experience and/or education sufficient to perform the duties of the job may be substituted for the degree on a year for year basis.
• Higher level education may contribute toward professional experience on a year for year basis.
• Certifications: Industry specific certifications are highly valued and can contribute toward education.
o Certifications of Note:
§ CSDA or CSDP
§ ICAgile – CSPO, CSM
§ SAFe Scaled Agilist
§ Similar/equivalent agile certifications such as those from PMI, Scrum Alliance, Scrum.org