Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
Less than 5 years
Posted 76 days ago
The Manager of Customer Care has day to day responsibility for ensuring the efficient and effective handling of all telephonic, electronic and written/faxed inquiries into our call center. These inquires include all items that are designated for handling within the unit as well as triaging and ensuring execution on items referred to other business areas or departments.
The incumbent will serve as mentor, manager and quality controller for all inbound inquiries, and will work closely with the Director of Customer Care and Assistant Vice President of Service Operations to identify areas of opportunity for improvement, including training needs, process enhancements, technology needs and performance management risks.
· Manage the daily operations of the RSL Customer Care floor, including managing appropriate staffing and attendance of RSL Customer Care representatives.
· Anticipate on a daily and ongoing cyclical basis the prospective volume and nature of calls, and propose adjustments and assignment of staff to the Director, to support that all call effectiveness metrics and standards are met on a daily basis.
· Mentor all newly released CCR staff members upon release from the new hire training program. This includes but is not limited to daily summaries and weekly detailed management summary reports for review by the Director.
· Perform a daily review of the previous day’s call-performance indicators, and prepare the daily management summary report, as well as the weekly roll up report.
· Review weekly and monthly call trends from call tracking system to identify any prospective resource shifting that may need to be considered prospectively.
· Proactively participate in answering calls during peak periods or times where hold times become unacceptable.
· Responsible for the operational effectiveness of the unit during extended hours periods.
· Manage the process for the timely and effective handling of non-telephonic inquires (e-mails, faxes, etc.).
· Monitor the call tracking system to review that calls are documented in a comprehensive and accurate manner.
· Intervene on complex issues calls and serve as the escalation resource for calls that can be resolved by the CCR.
· Execute all aspects of the RSL Customer Care Center Call Quality Program including but not limited to the following:
o Individual Call Scoring and Side by Side scoring with feedback provided to the Rep and Director.
o Bi-weekly Call Coaching and ad hoc coaching sessions as appropriate
o Monthly team reporting and trend identification
· Assist with training, development, and implementation of the CCC Department, including maintenance and updates to all departmental manuals.
· Accountable for performance of team; engages team members in talent management and development opportunities, and builds a positive and respectful work environment.
· Makes personnel recommendations on hiring, firing, discipline, transfer, advancement and promotion in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
· Oversees the implementation and measurement of “best practices” to continually enhance the team's efficiency and effectiveness.
· Models and drives company values in the departments.
Level of Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Related Experience
Thorough knowledge: Advanced knowledge of the subject matter. sufficient comprehension of the subject area to solve unusual as well as common work problems, to be able to advise on technical matters, and to serve as a resource on the subject for others.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Related Experience
· Minimum 3 years supervisory/management experience required.
· Superior multi-tasking, project management and time-management skills are required.
· Proficiency in all MS Office applications is required.
· Knowledge of Call Center monitoring and reporting technology is required.
· Superior verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong influencing and mentoring skills are required.
· Experience with a customer relationship management system preferred.
· Ability to work all assigned work schedules/work hours that Management deems necessary. This means the ability to work the entire spectrum of the Customer Service Department’s work schedules/work hours in effect at any time – including but not limited to covering both scheduled and unscheduled staff absences through the year.
Ability to Travel 10%