- Act as interface between the customer and company for all operation and transportation issues.
- Understand the transportationnetwork of both companies to identify improvement opportunities. i.e. Backhauls, consolidation of routes.
- Work with facility transportation and operations to resolve problems.
- Work within pre-determined parameters to make decisions that resolve issues quickly.
- Sponsor high performance teams to actively look for and address improvement opportunities.
- Identify and remove barriers to achieving goals for both organizations.
- Manage operational excellence with Essendant facilities as it pertains to the customer.
- Help the customer manage their operational effectiveness with Essendant, i.e. returns processing, transportation, communications, and provide special services when needed.
- Proactively engage key and significant decision makers while owning both the process and the decision.
- Participate in CRT’s at the local level.
- Communicate operational changes to the proper facilities, route additions, ADOT’s and special requests.
- Conduct onsite visits to the facilities of Essendant and the customer.
- Create and maintain key contact list for Essendant and customer.
- Project Management- Expansion, stockless models etc.
- Effectively grow the business.
- Understand and demonstrate Essendant’s Core Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning, change management, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, achieve results, and foster strong customer service orientation.
- High degree of initiative, team building, and dedication to effect positive change.
- Effectively works vertically and horizontally within both organizations.
- Capability and willingness to make decisions that support profitable growth.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Up to 20% travel.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or related discipline required.
- Minimum five years of job related experiencerequired.