ssential Job Duties:
- Collaborates with the Senior Risk Manager of Quality and Data Analytics and Corporate Risk Managers in continuous quality improvement initiatives utilizing CQI, scientific method, and Six Sigma techniques. Participates in committees and other forums promoting patient safety. Ensures all Continuous Quality Improvement information is accurate and provided in a timely manner.
- Develops and disseminates recommendations, protocols, patient safety work product (PSWP), and information regarding best practices for improving patient care/patient safety to Member facilities and the PSES Workforce. Participates in development and presentation of educational programs for the division as assigned.
- Establishes data collection plans, extrapolate data patterns, conducts medical record audits as a result of adverse incidents, performs research, statistical projects and focus studies for the Department and the Division. Analyzes data converting it to useful information. Prepares reports for facilities and the division. The Risk Manager of Quality and Data Analytics cleans out erroneous data, assesses the quality of the data, and determines the meaning of the data.
- Conducts and reports statistical analysis of high risk, problem prone, high volume indicators. Analysis is conducted on targeted patient populations by diagnosis, level of care, length of stay, etc. Provides new and meaningful insight into the analysis of data. Ensures the development of insightful and clear reports/dashboards. Performs advanced analysis of trends and develops tactical and strategic recommendations that drive and support division wide changes/improvements regarding patient care, patient outcomes and system wide opportunities for improving patient safety.
- Manages the day to day Risk Managementresponsibilities regarding Midas Risk Modalities, STARS Enterprise/Marsh Clear Sight, and multiple division wide databases (e.g. Good Catch Program, Serious Event Notification System (SEN), Midas RCA Focus Study). Participates in development of year end reports.
- Develops monthly,quarterly, and annual reports as assigned with conclusions drawn and actions taken to improve results. Provides guidance, oversight and direction for addressing patient safety concerns, patterns and trends. Submits all audits and analysis in the specified time frames.
- Participates in ongoing communication with Staff regarding data, reports, deliverables, information requested. Prepares pre-survey reports for Risk Managers to include a comprehensive analysis of data from multiple databases affording the opportunity to identify troubled facilities and pinpoint areas for improvement.
- Participates in cross functional teams, analyzing and researching new and existing procedures and workflow. Designs, documents, and implements future state business processes. Develops project plans, communication plans, improvement plans, organizational indicators, and plan deliverables of PI teams. Identifies where improvement in the clinical process can be made to successfully impact how errors occur, how often they occur, where the problems lie, and actions needed. Prepares team reports and communications.
- Defines, collects, analyzes, and monitors compliance of Patient Safety Work Product (PSWP) and the PsychSafe Mini Sites within the guidelines of the Patient Safety Evaluation System ensuring facilities have completed confidentiality agreements, are complying with naming conventions and structure of the site, and are current on required uploads.
Bachelor's degreerequired, Master's degreepreferred. Experience in the implementation and on-going maintenance of Continuous Quality Improvement systems in a multi-hospital environment with a minimum of 5 years experience in Behavioral Health setting Risk prevention, Risk Management skills with progressive achievement in a healthcare environment preferred.
Knowledge of statistical methodologies and Six Sigma techniques, 5 years of data analytical experiencerequired.
Ability to interpret data and translate abstract concepts into tangible information
Project management and meeting facilitation experience
Experience leading process development and revision
Ability to prepare and present information to the department/division related to ongoing efforts to minimize and reduce riskevents in the organization
Possesses critical thinking skills and independent analysis of identified problems, effectively problem solves utilizing appropriate resources for corrective actions
Good communication skills and experience in leading a multi-disciplinary team to reduce high volume, problem prone, high risk indicators.
Very organized and detail oriented.
Ability to handle multiple tasks at a fast pace and under pressure
Self-disciplined, able to work independently, but also able to take direction when necessary.
Experience with benchmarking in the healthcare environment. Proficiency with statistical analysis software, Excel, Word, Power Point and Visio. Quick learner of software and Information technology, and motivated to learn new applications.