AtMSG we valuediversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds!MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements,MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in alllocations.
Reports to VP, External Reporting & Consolidations and is responsible for preparing consolidated financial statements for MSG, including Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, Statement of Shareholders Equity, and Statement of Comprehensive Income for inclusion in the Company’s periodic filings with the SEC on a quarterly basis. Ensures the integrity of balance sheets, income statements, applicable financial statement analysis and other supporting documentation pertaining to management, annual audit, SEC and otherreports. Prepares Monthly internal consolidating income statements and is responsible for providing information to internal and external auditors and tax departments.
Manages the financial close process, providing the analysis for consolidated financial statements, and working with the team to develop and maintain effective internal controls.
Prepares Cash Flow analysis on a quarterly basis for EVP & CFO and SVP Investor Relations, and as apart of this process works closely with the members of divisional finance to analyze/develop explanations for material changes noted.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements, including Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, Statement of Shareholders Equity, and Statement of Comprehensive Income for inclusion in the Company’s periodic filings with the SEC on a quarterly basis.
- Manage the consolidation process including the recording of consolidating entries, reconciliation of intercompany and investment in subsidiary transaction
- Prepare quarterly consolidated balance sheet analysis that is distributed to the Principal Accounting Officer and provides information regarding quarterly changes in the balance sheet as needed by acting as a liaison to the other divisional finance departments.
- Review financial statements of the Company’s majority held subsidiaries for accuracy and prepare consolidation entries.
- Assist VP, External Reporting & Consolidations in maintaining and reconciling purchase accounting adjustments.
- Reviews and analyzes financial packages submitted by business units.
- Prepare consolidatingfinancial statements as part of the Company’s compliance information for the RCMH lease, on a quarterly basis.
- Ensures the integrity of balance sheets, income statements, applicable financial statement analysis and other supporting documentation pertaining to management, annual audit, SEC and otherreports.
- Prepares Monthly internal consolidating income statements and is responsible for providing information to external auditors and tax departments.
- Assist Director External Reporting & Consolidations in ensuring accuracy of the monthly foreign exchange translation and maintaining Cumulative Translation Adjustment account.
- Coordinates with Financial Systems Department on the development, implementation and follow-up of the financial data that is automated in the Company’s consolidation. Will assist with the implementation of a financial consolidation system once available.
- Prepares certain footnote disclosures in our SEC filings on a quarterly basis such as: Intangible Assets, Fixed Assets, Accumulated Other Comprehensive Income, Commitments & Contingencies.
- Assists in preparation of the cash flow analysis and Cash Flow Discussion in the Company’s Forms 10-Q and 10-K.
- Prepares Cash Flow analysis for EVP & CFO on a quarterly basis.
- Evaluates and identifies areas of potential exposure and internal control weaknesses.
- Special projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- 5+ years of experience: public accounting experiencepreferred
- CPA license (required)
- Must be current on both quarterly and annual SEC disclosure requirements, as well as current generally accepted accounting principles
- Personal computer literacy, including intermediate/advanced proficiency in Excel required. Knowledge of Oracle Financial Systems is a plus.
- Must be proficient in Excel and possess knowledge of automated environments.
- Strong management skills
- Ability to work independently and multi task.
- Developer of talent
- Track record in achieving results
- Behavior consistent with MSG values
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
Requisition ID 18-8685