The Manager of Commercial Operations - International will be responsible for day-to-day management of operations, efficiencies and product delivery. The manager will be supporting the needs of the division through meticulous project management and oversight to ensure projects are implemented and executed with excellence. This role can be based in Ronkonkoma, NY, Leonia, NJ, or Florham Park, NJ.
- Implement and manage action plans designed to improve overall efficiencies with Commercial, R&D and Supply Chain partners – including TPMs
- Support operational initiatives by managing time lines and deliverables with cross-functional partners such as bulk harmonization and label transition for the NPG brands
- Manage active SKU rationalization/bulk harmonization, packaging standardization, and component/specification consolidation
- Ongoing managing portfolio additions, maintenance and removals.
- Manage work streams of projects that require Commercial Operations support and collaborate with cross-functional teams to prioritize projects as needed
- Communicate any changes to product or packaging to brand leads to ensure proper notification to all pertinent departments
- Enter change controls and MDM forms on behalf of brand for changes related to bulk or packaging
- Set up new bulks and item numbers in the Product Bulletin Database (PBD) for other departments to upload label manuscripts, raw materials and certifications.
- Manage efforts to maximize effectiveness of current operational tools, processes, procedures and systems to mitigate technical and operational risk and ensure flawless execution
- Implement relevant metrics or dashboards to measure progress against project timelines and objectives.
- Complete written progress and completion reports; present regular updates as project team leader to key stakeholders and senior management.
- Submit franchise request for approval for reformulations, new SKUs (eg: ecommerce only SKU’s and promotional items) and modernization of formula initiatives (eg: removal of titanium dioxide, palm oil, magnesium stearate, etc.)
- Label management: Manage design changes, new labels approval, naming changes, front panel look & feel, brand standards guardians including color, logo, typography, imagery.
- Trademarks: Brand, product, ingredient trademarks across markets
- Collaborate with IT to develop systems to help efficiencies among tracking and project management.
- Attend various meetings as Commercial Operations representative to facilitate visibility to a broader group to resolve (eg: problematic bulks, raw materials, etc.)
- Support bulk rationalization review and harmonization with operations and supply chain to determine bulks that can discontinued, and either formerly deleted or swapped out for an existing bulk within network
- Execute packaging standardization within network and ensure consistency and brand continuity (eg: bottles, caps, colors of labels, etc.)
- Liaise with Quality to continue to execute third-party certifications and ensure systems and packaging are properly updated
- Manage logistics for removal of Solgar shrink wrap (including regulatory impact) and transitioning over to neck bands
- Apply solid project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to plan, manage and deliver Commercial Operations projects on-time
Other duties as assigned by manager.
- 5+ years of experience in the food, dietary supplement and/or consumer packaged goods industry
- Bachelor's Degree required (BS degree in Business Administration or related field - Nutrition and/or Science classes a plus)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, AS400, Oracle / PLM, Lotus Notes and Adobe
- Knowledge of project management tools
- Experience working within Stage Gate and Change Control processes
- PMI Certification preferred
- Detail oriented; Strong planning and organizational skills are required
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals, teams and management at all levels within the organization is required
- Ability to manage multiple projects and multiple teams
- Demonstrated excellence as a team player both as a leader and member
- Proven ability to deliver programs on time and within budget
- Mature and dynamic – inspires trust and collaboration; drive for results
- Motivated and ambitious with positive attitude and willingness to take on new challenges
- Product lifecycle management (PLM) system knowledge
- Project management using Microsoft Project or comparable web-based tools is preferred.