- Current RN License in IL
- Bachelors degree w/ MSN or BSN (from accredited School of Nursing)
- 5 years of experience in specialty area
- Management development training with progressive supervisory assignments.
- Management experience 2-3 years
- Board Certification
- Ability to live the values of Advocate.
- Appropriate clinical skills
- Ability to cooperate well with others.
- Basic Management Skills
- Team Building Skills
- Communication Skills
- Member of Specialty Organization.
- Resilience and flexibility to deal with a changing environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Travel within the Chicago land area.
- Work hours are variable depending in current projects.
- 24/7 Accountability - must be available to respond to the changing needs of their department.
- This position includes being on call via pager and may require working unusual hours.
Job Description To assess, direct and evaluate wholistic nursing practice on a 24~hour basis and to support the development of professional nurses and other Associates functioning within the respective patient care area. To coordinate the departmental operations and to achieve optimal quality, satisfaction and financial outcomes via collaboration with physicians and other health care disciplines. To develop Associates to their fullest potential by focusing on education and mentoring plans with to achieve optimal retention and succession planning outcomes. This manager has responsibility for the defined units. He/she is responsible to foster the Advocate philosophy through the key result areas and to achieve outcomes defined for each area.Accountabilities:
- Physician Partnership ~ Works closely with Clinical Nurse Specialist, Director and Medical Director to foster an environment where Advocate values can flourish: Compassion Equality Excellence Partnership Stewardship
- Clinical Outcomes ~ Utilizes the CQI process to achieve outcomes with scope of responsibility. Designs and implements improved processes to achieve quality and superior patient care and services.
- Funding Our Future ~ Responsible for establishing productivity measures for scope of responsibility and ensuring that expected outcomes are achieved.
- Patient Satisfaction ~ Drives customer satisfaction (Patient, Physicians) strategies for the scope of responsibility and ensures alignment with IMMC and Advocate Strategic Vision.
- Associate Satisfaction ~ Promotes self~development (professionally and personally) and the development of Associates within scope of responsibility.
- Growth ~ Builds a departmental reputation and maintains patient care area on the cutting edge of performance and quality via input into implementation of strategic partnership with Clinical and Medical Directors.
Job ID: 92649