The Manager, Category supports the Director, Business Unit Lead, Pickles and Aseptic by providing leadership and coordination on strategic, cross-functional priorities required to help achieve business unit goals and objectives. This role is responsible for managing detailed cross-functional teams, project plans, data insights, and tracking mechanisms for timely execution of both commercial- and operational-related business unit initiatives.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Supports Director and General Manager on development of strategic initiatives that will drive success for the business unit
- Assembles project teams, outlines project plans, and holds kick-off meetings for new initiatives. Regularly collaborates with Sales, Supply Chain, Research & Development, Finance, Commercialization and Marketing
- Builds comprehensive customer-facing presentations in collaboration with the Sales and Insights teams
- Leads SKU simplification / discontinuation process, execution, and coordination activities with procurement, operations, and go-to-market cross functional teams
- Assists in managing stage gate process and utilizes PPM system
- Compiles monthly reports for the Director and General Manager using IRI data, drawing and communicating meaningful insights from a large data set
- Serves as point person for sales communications / sales wire documents, IRI new item tracking, and assists with new item launch sales materials and sample requests
- Develops and maintains product catalogue materials and control brand label product offering
- Leads and coordinates weekly cross-functional council meetings and ad-hoc meetings as required
- Identifies and recommends solutions for business process improvement
- Initiatives may include business process improvement, product and packaging innovation, high value cost savings efforts, customer support and management, customer and product troubleshooting, supply chain strategy, production capacity management, QA/R&D/procurement alignment, and sales/operations alignment
- All other duties as may be assigned
Skills, Experience and Education:
- Excellent project management capability
- Must be highly detail oriented and resourceful
- Strong facilitating, presenting and training skills
- Ability to organize, influence and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with strong multitasking, analytical thinking, problem solving and leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to coach and mentor others
- Strong leadership capability with the ability to influence a wide range of people from THF Corporate team to plant leadership and cross functional teams
- Adaptability to Change: Adjusts to change and uncertainty, able to shift gears and can act in ambiguous or uncertain situations.
- Business and Financial Acumen: Thinks critically about the marketplace and future trends to better understand the company's competitive position and competitive advantage.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Fosters cross-unit collaboration and builds and facilitates teamwork to get results.
- Communication: Uses multiple communication strategies to gain support and commitment from others and mobilize them to take action.
- Customer Focus: Works to determine customer needs and actively improves value chain in terms of service and delivery excellence.
- Decision Making: Uses effective business judgment to achieve the right balance of data-driven analysis vs. speed to arrive at the best decisions.
- Drive for Results: Focuses on achieving goals and holds self and others accountable for expected results.
- Innovation: Generates new and innovative ways or methods to market products and services.
- Bachelor's Degree Required (Business, Food Science or related)
Minimum Experience Preferred:
- Three to five years of project management related experience. Three to five years of management experience in technical services environment preferred.
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%