BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
At MSC, we are growing our Analytics team and investing in forward-thinking BI and Data Analytics solutions. As we build out the team, we are looking for a smart and innovative leader who is self-sufficient and thrives in ambiguity, has experience in Analytics, and can drive results across MSC bridging business and technical areas. This is an opportunity to be a part of a special milestone, help us build the future of Analytics at MSC, and ignite a data-driven culture. The BI & Data Analytics Product Manager will drive Business Intelligence and Data Analytics portfolio for MSC’s end to end data products. This position will interface with senior management across various streams of the company presenting strategies and project updates. The Product Manager partners with key stakeholders within MSC to draft and ratify the data products that will drive execution of MSC’s strategic objectives. This is an agile environment which requires the role to be flexible, self-driven and remain hyper-focused strategy, grand vision of the product by producing product roadmaps and MVP targets.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prioritizes, plans and manages product features through the product development process in support of the enterprise BI & Data Analytics.
- Owns the business case and outcomes as well as embedding the results into business operations.
- This role uses business strategy, data/analytics, user experience, customer feedback and technology to create seamless customer experiences, both internal and external facing. Collaborating with business leaders, identify beneficial areas to enhance data quality, reliability and opportunities for data acquisition with consideration to effort vs benefit.
- The primary responsibility for defining all product requirements and communicating those requirements to the technology delivery teams.
- The Product Manager uses research and collaborative methodologies to analyze their business and prioritize their product backlog appropriately. They attend all business reviews, supplying product/feature results as necessary. They provide input into business cases when new or enhanced products/features are being developed.
- The Product Manager responsible for leading cross functional/virtual teams to strategize, plan and execute the design and implementation of a company-wide framework for analytics that will meet heightened standards for governance and risk management in an increasingly centralized data and technology environment.
- Stay current with latest cloud technologies, patterns, and methodologies; share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to key stakeholders. May be required to present ideas to larger audience for review and buy-in.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Communications, or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight years of wide-ranging analytics experience, in areas such as SQL based analytics, business intelligence and reporting, machine learning/ statistical modeling
- Minimum of eight years of experience working effectively on analytic teams, and delivering on business needs, and partnering closely with technology
- Minimum of three years of experience with operationalizing analytic solutions and integrating them with production data sources
- Minimum of five years of experience in product and/or experience management
- Minimum of two years strategy and/or digital product delivery experience in executing world-class digital product and/or experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in an agile software environment
- Minimum of two years demonstrated delivery of business results
- Minimum of one year of experience in product design preferred
- Experience working with Data Science teams highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally in a large organization
- Demonstrated experience working closely with senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to translate data into quantifiable actions/deliverables
- Resource Management Skills- ability to determine supply and demand and obtain necessary resources across a matrix organization to complete the work successfully
- Strong Knowledge about Agile techniques: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Burn Down Metrics, Velocity etc.
- Strong knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand team needs includes fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel up to 15% of the time may be required.