Manages the daily operations for behavioral health services.
- Develops and implements specific departmental goals, standards, and objectives which support the strategic plan and vision.
- Assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Assesses quality of patient care and coordinates patient care services with patients, staff, physicians, and other departments.
- Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction and conflict management. Performs and oversees scheduling, recruitment, and payroll.
- Monitors departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts and vendor relations.
- Participates in direct delivery of care depending on patient census.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Behavioral Health or related field, or equivalent years of experience and education
- Five years' experience, with two years' in leadership
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.