External Job Description
The Allocation Manager leads in the development of a high performance allocation team, and in both the creation and execution phases of high level allocation and/or replenishment strategies. He / She is responsible for providing clear, concise direction to divisional teams specific to both pre-season and in-season strategies which support merchandising initiatives, localized product and sizing opportunities, and size needs in order to maximize top lines sales and overall financial performance.
- Drive business performance by developing effective ‘big picture’ allocation strategies and guiding the accurate execution of these tactics to maximize financial results:
- Assist in creating inventory targets and global strategies which will ensure proper inventory levels by category / store / size to support sales, margin and turn goals.
- Drive to increase inventory productivity through directed analysis and collaboration with allocators and business partners.
- Work with Allocators & Senior Allocators to drive and implement allocation and replenishment strategies, supporting regional and seasonal opportunities identified by Location Planning.
- Develop people and relationships:
- Hire, coach and develop a high performance Allocation team, and support the team in both their day-to-day activities and stretch goals
- Foster partnerships with Divisional business partners within Merchandising, Location Planning and Merchandise Financial Planning which encourages cross functional collaboration and effective leadership.
- Collaborate with Visual Team, Buyers, Planners and Allocators on item flows, sell downs and marketing schedule.
- Partner with distribution center teams to optimize supply chain and maximize speed-to-store.
- Partner with Regional, District and Store Leaders to effectively capture store callouts and adjust allocation strategies accordingly.
- Work cross functionally to improve allocation and replenishment pre-buy strategies and establish best practices
- Build analysis skills of direct reports and seek opportunities to create and apply new and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities
- Facilitate the implementation and acceptance of change within the organization
- Represent allocation team when developing and implementing process and technology improvements.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years business experience (Retail buying, planning, or allocations preferred).
- Experience in a leadership role
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills required; must be able to build successful cross-functional relationships and effectively train others.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to quickly adapt to changing business priorities.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills; ability to confidently and effectively support business decisions.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate with others to maximize business processes and financial results.