The Corporate Accounting Manager is a manager level accounting position handling transactional accounting and management reporting for the Green Bay Financial Shared Service team. This position will be involved in the areas of Plant Accounting, Transactional/GAAP accounting, SEC and Management reporting. The position will report to the Director, Record to Report.
This position is responsible for leading a team that handles internal and external financial reporting tasks, SG&A transactions and reporting, payroll accounting, balance sheet accounting, variance accounting, and reporting, month-end close and assisting with company acquisitions and integrations. This position will also be responsible for internal and external audit and tax requests.
Month-end Close responsibilities include journal entries and reconciliations and reviewing others' journal entries, reconciliations, and reports. Ensure proper documentation is being completed to comply with SOX requirements.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage the Corporate Accountants during the month-end process and on regular reporting and integration projects and processes.
- Month-end work including preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations, and completion of other ad hoc requests.
- Involvement in confidential accounting transactions such as bonus accruals, pension accounting, stock compensation, severance, and plant closing activities.
- Guide Corporate Accounting team in SAP ERP enhancements and multi-entity accounting guidance and support.
- Assist with and review of SEC reports and footnotes.
- Assist and lead reporting changes/requirements for acquisition system integrations. Includes but not limited to acquisition accounting, SAP integrations, and providing corporate guidance to Controllers from newly acquired entities.
- Lead reporting improvement efforts in all financial systems for the Corporate Accounting Team. This includes but not limited to Financial Reporting projects, Consolidation coordination with Canadian entities and acquired companies.
- Regular SAP system maintenance, setup, and review of new system requests
Required Experience & Education:
- Ability to solve problems while coordinating projects, communicating changes and monitoring progress
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment meeting deadlines with accurate and detailed results
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, for effective interaction with all levels of company personnel
- Highly motivated, energetic, hands-on
- Occasional travel to business meetings
- Bachelor's Degree: Accounting/Finance
- CPA preferred
- Seven to ten years of progressive accounting and management experience