8 - 10 years
Posted 46 days ago
The Manager Of Accounting is Responsible for the below. This position will be based in Edison but require travel to both Hackensack and Neptune, as needed, to properly manage the team.
1. Demonstrates knowledge and application of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), standards and procedures. Applies GAAP to carry out the core responsibilities of all assigned duties, special projects and any other necessary responsibilities.
2. Prepares, meets, and reviews on the monthly results of Corporate Affiliates operations with senior management for presentation to the Leadership and/or Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees.
3. Prepares and reviews descriptive and analytical analysis for various general ledger and balance sheet accounts. Maintains well documented work sheets, investigates and reconciles to external source documents. Resolves any outstanding items and communicates immediately to supervisor any areas of concern.
4. Responsible for compiling financial information and preparing GAAP-basis financial statements on a monthly basis including Balance Sheets, Income Statements and Statements of Cash Flows.
5. Fulfills and complies with necessary internal and external reporting requirements in order to provide financial reports to relevant parties, external organizations and agencies.
6. Demonstrates proficiency with financial applications (i.e., PeopleSoft, etc.) and functionality relative to General Accounting Department operations. This proficiency includes any new system and present system upgrades whereby a hands-on working knowledge is required.
7. Reviews maintenance of PeopleSoft General Ledger chartfield structure, trees, and financial reporting used by management and administration, external auditors, and other external parties.
8. Performs analysis, design, and testing of all upgrades required to be made to the PeopleSoft Financials system.
9. Acts as accounting liaison to provide client assistance to external auditors with regards to the hospital audit for areas of supervision.
10. Participate in implementation and conversion of the EPIC physician billing system and the related complexities of handling multiple crosswalks to the various systems, as assigned. When applicable, this would include additional revenue analysis to ensure that accounting estimates and the billing system are accurate and reconcile.
11. Performs research on new accounting guidance when necessary and prepares analyses, as deemed necessary, to discuss impact on HMH financial results.
12. Suggests and implements recommendations for improvements concerning internal accounting controls and the quality and timeliness of reports.
13. Supervises, trains, assists, reviews, and provides back-up support to general accounting staff, and fosters and promotes continuous quality improvement.
14. Review and ensures the proper internal control procedures are in place for all HMH Corporate Affiliates patient accounts receivable systems with respect to reconcilement to HMH's General Ledger and suggest and assists to implement changes along with key operational managers.
15. Reviews workpapers related to AR, revenue, and profit and loss summaries for non-patient-related receivables.
16. Reviews and assists in the reconciliation of patient and non-patient cash to the General ledger.
17. Reconciles all cash for HMH Corporate Affiliates and ensures appropriate 'settle-up' reconciliations are completed and administered for the rest of the HMH facilities.
18. Prepares and reviews quarterly financial reports and survey information for both non-government and Governmental reporting.
19. Works with internal and external actuaries to ensure pension liabilities and cash funding requirements are completed properly and timely for all plans of HMH.
20. Participates in preparation of and support for all debt financings of HMH Corporate Affiliates and annual rating agency reviews. Ensures accounting for debt including interest expense is appropriate and that HMH is in compliance with debt covenants, etc. and all regulatory filings are made timely.
21. Assists in preparation of materials for the annual Federal and State annual returns and provides to Tax Department.
22. Participates in the Hospital-owned real estate property tax process, ensuring all taxes are paid timely.
23. Application of all departmental policies: recommend any new maintenance and changes to existing policies. Communicate and review all changes with supervisors and any other external departments as warranted.
24. Participates in the annual Budget process completing Accounting dept and Corporate Area departments (i.e. interest expense, depreciation expense, property taxes, etc.) as well as provides support to Budget team.
25. Participates and manages the Capital process ensuring that project numbers are provided upon Leadership approval of capital projects in accordance with the Annual Capital Plan for HMH.
26. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
27. Adheres to the standards identified in the HMH Organizational & Managerial Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
2. Seven or more years of experience in finance/accounting experience that includes management/supervisory experience.
3. Advanced proficiency in using technology that includes but is not limited to Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, etc.), MAS 90/200, outpatient billing systems and Axiom Budgeting Systems or other large systems?
4. Working knowledge of Large ERP systems such as PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle, etc.?
5. Strong interpersonal, team and organizational skills.
6. Proven record of progressive professional growth and responsibility.
7. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. CPA and/or MBA.