- Work with existing customers to increase Essendant's account penetration and achieve sales and EBIT goals for assigned channels (Retail, Etail or DMR).
- Develop indepth relationships with customers to secure Essendant's position, leverage opportunities and defend Essendant from competition.
- Develop and coordinate new product launches and effective marketing programs.
- Monitor ongoing customer profitability and the necessary pricing strategies to generate margin improvement and achieve budgeted results.
- Create and manage a targeted "pipeline" of customer prospects within assigned channels.
- Research potential customers determining priorities, competition and business environment.
- Identify decision makers, initiate contact with prospective customers and successfully promote Essendant's products and value added services.
- Provide indirect supervision to associates withiin the Retail Sales team.
- Regual travel on a nationla basis.
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant's Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Consultative and collaborative skills need to effectively meet with and advise customers on strategic and financial objectives.
- Ability to influence others to get results and finalize plans, working with all levels of management both internally and externally.
- Financial and business acumen, with strong analytical skills and the ability to perform EBIT analysis for existing and potential business.
- Expert channel knowledge and industry insight.
- High level of computer proficiency including the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to travel on a national basis 25-30% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required, or equivalent in experience.
- Minimum 10 years of sales experience in Sales or Marketing, developing and managing customer relationships with large national accounts and/or channel networks.
- Financial analysis experience a plus.