Crown Equipment Corporation is a leading innovator in world-class forklift and material handling equipment and technology. As one of the world’s largest lift truck manufacturers, we are committed to providing the customer with the safest, most efficient and ergonomic lift truck possible to lower their total cost of ownership.
- Proficient in developing electrical and control system design solutions for Fanuc welding and material handling robots with IR vision and laser touch sensing.
- Development and implementation of strategic initiatives, manufacturing process development and support, as well as general manufacturing support and team participation.
- Responsible for the technical support of PLC, HMI, safety, servo, and vision based hardware and software including, but not limited to: RSLogix 500/5000, FT View Studio, C-More HMI, SICK FlexiSoft Designer, AB Kinetix Servo System, and Cognex Insight Explorer. LabView experience a plus, but not required.
- Maintain electrical schematics in AutoCAD electrical.
- Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design including electrical requirements, robotic safety standards and motor controls.
- Support manufacture, build and validation of systems which include pneumatics, servos, vfd’s, relays, communication networks, touchscreens, pushbuttons and robotic integration.
- Create customer documentation such as user manuals, programming diagrams, network diagrams, and
- Ability to architect programs that are simple to test, well documented and versatile.
- Interpret mechanical design drawings for electrical requirements.
- Help establish new and maintain existing standards.
- Develop electrical bills of materials for small to medium projects
- Power up electrical systems and configure hardware per application specifications.
- Work closely with the corporate automation team to develop new automation and test systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with Robotics or Electrical focus, or equivalent, with five (5) years in a manufacturing environment.
- Pneumatic and hydraulic circuit capabilities.
- Strong fundamental understanding of control and electrical system design and its application in automated industrial designs including specification of vision, power, sensor, inspection and communications.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures for manufacturing equipment and automation.
- Must demonstrate willingness to learn new technologies.
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and decision-making skills.
- Outstanding communication skills to facilitate discussions with a wide variety of personnel.
- Ability to support multiple projects at once
- Must be willing to travel, 10%-20%